• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Virus Emails - please read

YODA

Hi

Will whoever keeps sending me various forms of virus by email to the address in my profile please STOP IT. My system is watertight with Anti Virus software, two levels of Firewall software - and a hardware firewall router. It is a waste of both your & my time.

The email address in my profile here exists only for Karateforums. I use it nowhere else. This is how I know that they are coming from here.

Thank you.

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oh Yoda, I'm sorry. I was trying to hack into NORAD.

Just kidding, stuill trying to rack up the posts.

Good luck.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I get between 20-45 affected e-mails each day (between two e-mail addresses).

There are a few reasons that you could be receiving viruses:

Someone that has sent you an e-mail at that address as been infected (or someone that added your e-mail to their address book) and it sends you 10 e-mails or so a day (I have someone like this.)

Or, a more unlikely thing, would be that our pages are being spidered by such a thing sending viruses. Although, it is rare, it happens. I would bet that it is the first thing though as I have gotten infected with a couple of these viruses lately and they have been sending themself to everyone that happens to be in my address book. Very annoying. Easy to remove though.

There has been something going around sending multiple emails. So far I have been lucky. But then I have not put my address book in the computer.

There is also a thing going around saying that a certain file that is actually part of the windows operating system is a virus that is not. Again.

If you wish, you may want to uncheck the "Allow other users to view my Email address" box in your Profile options. That would take your e-mail address off of public pages.