• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Found this on mmaweekly.com today.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6048&zoneid=13

Let us all remember that fighting, even for sport is dangerous. I feel for this man's family who he leaves behind and hope and pray that they will be well.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm thinking this is also mentioned in this months issue of Black Belt Magizine. Would like to know the details of the fight to see if poor reffing lead to the injuries or it is an actual case of Libardi hit him that hard or that much. Still a great tragidey for the family.

I'm thinking this is also mentioned in this months issue of Black Belt Magizine. Would like to know the details of the fight to see if poor reffing lead to the injuries or it is an actual case of Libardi hit him that hard or that much. Still a great tragidey for the family.
I remember reading about it as well. It shows that what these guys do, and anyone who competes on a regular basis in a full contact event, is pretty serious.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

That is a really sad event. Although the unexpectedness of it all does highlight that fatal and disabling injuries have so far not been common in mma as opposed to many other sports.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I truely feel bad for the man. It's a shame he went down. At least he went down doing what he loved. I'll pray for his family again. They're the ones that really got hit here.

Two things on a personal note:

A) I hope my parents never hear about this. I'll never be allowed to compete again.

B) Notice how right next to it there's an add with a big muscular, half naked guy with photoshoped blood dripping down his chest with a caption "Ever wonder how much it takes to break an arm? He doesn't!"

I truely feel bad for the man. It's a shame he went down. At least he went down doing what he loved. I'll pray for his family again. They're the ones that really got hit here.

Two things on a personal note:

A) I hope my parents never hear about this. I'll never be allowed to compete again.

B) Notice how right next to it there's an add with a big muscular, half naked guy with photoshoped blood dripping down his chest with a caption "Ever wonder how much it takes to break an arm? He doesn't!"

a) completely agree, except i hope my spouse doesnt read this article, then i will never be fighting again for sure!

b) i didn't even notice that, good attention to detail, that's terrible though...just goes to show, in this day and age...media rules all. it's a shame[/u]

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."