• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mandatory Training for Flight attendants

I'm not sure if this question was asked before, but what do you all think of mandatory martial arts training for flight attendants? Do you think it'll help or hinder things on the airplane if a hijacking were to occur? Did anyone as a result get an increase in enrollment since 9/11, airline employee or otherwise?

[ This Message was edited by: Pacificshore on 2002-06-13 01:29 ]

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had not heard anything about it. However I do like the idea of haveing Marshall's on the plane.

A class will not stop what happend on 9/11. However constant training will. I am so proud of those who fought back in PA. Those men and women are heros I would hope that I would react as they did if faced with that situation.

I think anyone who deals with the public should have training. Because you never know when things may go wrong.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

yeah...I like the idea, but I don't think a few self defense lessons to defend against a threatening object, will do the trick...Remember it can take a lifetime to learn a martial art...I like the idea or air marshalls..

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

Just so long as the air marshalls don't have guns.

Actually I think the best solution would be to completely isolate the pilots from the passengers, seal them off entirely, don't even give them communication. You'd probably need an extra two co-pilots in case of emergencies, but if they can't be reached from the body of the plane and can't tell what's going on then its not going to make any difference what happens back there, there's bnothing they can do about it so there'd be no point hijacking the plane.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

A little paranoid do you think ?

Still, it's a good idea and I like it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Jeremy Glick is a true hero and if my training paid off in a small fraction of the way his did, I'd die a very happy man

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Actually why not just use gas to keep the passengers quiet the whole way anyway? You save on flight staff, you could store your passengers in tubes and so fit more onto the plane, you save on food and entertainment, and the only remaining security risk is bombing.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I think that martial art training couldn't hurt but I agree with ctkstudent on sealing off the pilots from the passengers. One of the highjackers main objectives is to gain control of the plane, if they can't do that then why bother in the fist place.