• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Saturday, I attended NAGA for the first time in Newark, NJ. It was an exciting and high scoring match, but I lost on points :( I still feel I walked away a winner because i gained experience and got to represent myself and my school there.

Look forward to going again.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Good job! What are the things you learned about your game and about competing through your match?

For one, I need to work more on top pressure. Twice I had my opponent in North/south and he managed get over by gator rolling. It was funny because we gator rolled each other like 4 times in a row back and forth just reversing each other :lol: My Cross training in Judo has definitely helped my stand up game and it came through for me since i managed to throw him early and gain side control right away. My main problem was using top pressure since even though we were in the same weight class. (middleweight) he seemed much smaller than me and was slippery and difficult to keep down.

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear you learned so much. One thing you can do to better secure the North/South position is to bring the knees in (instead of sprawling) and pinch them tightly on the opponent's head. It's a great way to set up attacks.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 2 weeks later...

That is awesome! PS1 thank you for sharing the tip on north/south postion.

What i have just started doing bedasue I got the idea from one of the guys from Team Lloyd Irvin is they bring a note book and after every match they write down, what worked for them, what didn't, how there opponent beat them, as well as there mental state during the match. They would then go next day to training and work on their weakness's.

I just started doing that, I believe it will help me out.

Good job on the competion by the way.

What i have just started doing bedasue I got the idea from one of the guys from Team Lloyd Irvin is they bring a note book and after every match they write down, what worked for them, what didn't, how there opponent beat them, as well as there mental state during the match. They would then go next day to training and work on their weakness's.

Bringing a notebook is always a good idea. It's sometimes hard to remember details a few days later. I also bring a camera and film my matches. I show them to my instructor and he points out my mistakes (which are always plenty).

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Bringing a notebook is always a good idea. It's sometimes hard to remember details a few days later. I also bring a camera and film my matches. I show them to my instructor and he points out my mistakes (which are always plenty).

Yeah, i took a notebook with me, wrote down my strategy beforehand. It started out going exactly to plan but I just let the match slip. I was watching a recording of my match and saw a few obvious mistakes I made.