• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Being humble ?

Do any of you guys come across other martial artists who come across as arrogant to you ?

I probably sound hypocritical, but oh well =p

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yes plenty of those..who talk alot of nothing..thinK they know everything and dont know the first thing about respect but are starving for it..there are plenty of "paper tigers" out there..the real masters and accomplished martial artist need not put on phony fronts and tell anyone how good they are or thier life story to anyone who listens..how many medals or thropys they have won..for thier actions and reputation will have preceeded them.."it is better to remain quiet and be considered a fool..then to speak loudly and arrogantly and relieve all doubt"!! :roll:

[ This Message was edited by: taezee on 2002-06-13 00:53 ]

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

All the time.

Anytime I go to watch a class for the first time I walk in like I know nothing about Martial Arts and see how I am treated. In fact I play dumb when they want to show me moves.

Always humble as TR said, "walk softly and carry a big stick."

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I say again, school instructors need to lead by example. I they show respect to their students, and respect to the general public, and require this of their students, there would be a lot less of that arrogant crud spreading around.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

We do occasionally get a few problems with arrogance, particularly amoung new students. It tends to be cracked down on quickly by those of us who are better and wiser :razz:

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

In my TSD dojang, OMG!! There were 4 of them .... eeeekkkkk. This school there are 2 or 3. But like super said, every school as, at least, one of those "egos".

Laurie S.

Yellow belt/green stripe TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-06-13 10:27 ]

Laurie F

There are those with overly inflated egos in everything. Sometimes I think that the martial arts attracts more than their fair share. Too bad there is no "perfect" way to deal with them.

At my old karate club ECKA we had loads of kids coming from all other traditional karate clubs and thought that they were ninjas or something. But I always beat the krap out of them when we did full contact, Iused to love when they cry purely for the purpose that at least they are taught a lesson about martial arts. RESPECT. At my karate club it sais that without respect it is not a martial art. :karate: