• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dream traveling

a_ninja

I have heard a myth that people have the ability to enter someones dream by their own or even by meditaton, if anyone has any info about this please discuss it.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Never heard of it. I would be looking into some scientific study on this one before jumping on board. It sounds a bit far-fetched to me.

yeah, seems kinda fishy...

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• 2 months later...

Did a quick research on some articles for you if you are that interested;

for a bried list of references:

http://www.pflyceum.org/167.html

for the abstract and link to a proper sleep study on group dreams:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3514/is_/ai_n83071737

and for an interesting (although generally considered slightly less scientific) source:

http://www.cejournal.org/GRD/Dreaming&Reality.html

Hope these help on the way to investigating shared dreams and "dream travelling" as you put it.

The phenomenon of shared dreams is real, but it is fairly rare. It starts to occur for people who have some degree of psychic ability, like those who already possess something like telepathy. I think some degree of telepathy is a prerequisite. I have occassionally had dreams in which my deceased father has visited me within a dream, but this is a little different than having a shared dream with someone that you could verify the experience with, and skeptics might feel that the experiences are just from my subconscious. I don't know of any way that you can consciously develop this ability but certain Mikko Buddhist texts talk about methods of buildng up lucid dreaming capabilities. The Mikko sect believes that dreams are either the same as or similiar to the Afterlife, so they try earnestly to control their dreams so that they don't get caught in nightmarish dreamscapes. Certain occult orders also have ideas about cultivating control over your dreams, and some consider dreams to be within "astral space," but I would advise people to avoid occult organizations. They frequently promise to share secret knowledge but end up controlling the interested person or destroying them. On a final note, if you can experience shared dreaming, the practical question is, what do you want to do with it? Other than being a novelty, I'm not sure what use you could make out of it. If you call your friend on the phone the next day and verify that you both had the same dream, the world still spins at the same speed and the sun still sets in the West. It would be cool, but it wouldn't change your life greatly. -JL

First Grandmaster - Montgomery Style Karate; 12 year Practitioner - Bujinkan Style Ninjutsu; Isshinryu, Judo, Mang Chaun Kung Fu, Kempo