• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Probably bit of a weird request but..

Does anyone know of somewhere/someone you can get either individual or club sponsership from in the UK?

My sister and I, not to mention my whole dojang, are looking into sponsership to help cover tournament and travelling costs. Problem is most of the places I have looked at are only willing to sponsor those that do WTF/Olympic TKD because it is seen more by the general public. I'm also trying around local buisnesses and stuff but most are only willing to give one off funding. Don't get me wrong, its great and all but we are really looking for continuous support. I've also looked at like Sport England and Sport UK but they only give help to Olympians..

Any info would be much appreciated.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks Brian. Its really fustrating because there is loads of government funding out there but it is only available to those that do Olympic TKD or for clubs as a whole.

Yeah, the government will fund it when the government is going to be represented internationally. That is why the race that was won by the WTF hurt the ITF so bad.

Even the actual England squad themselves aren't receiving any money because they are ITF... and there are several World medallists on the team. I think all they can supply are doboks and tracksuits to their own team members.

this is one thing that i have always wondered about, but i have never actually looked into it

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

this is one thing that i have always wondered about, but i have never actually looked into it

It might be worth looking into, you never know. From just what I've learnt these past coupla weeks, you have quite vigilant about it if you want any chance at all. After rulling out all government and official funding I'm now looking at local buisnesses and suppliers... With them you really have to prove that you are a worthwhile investment, especially seeing as most have not heard of TKD (or many other MAs).

• 1 year later...
Probably bit of a weird request but..

Does anyone know of somewhere/someone you can get either individual or club sponsership from in the UK?

My sister and I, not to mention my whole dojang, are looking into sponsership to help cover tournament and travelling costs. Problem is most of the places I have looked at are only willing to sponsor those that do WTF/Olympic TKD because it is seen more by the general public. I'm also trying around local buisnesses and stuff but most are only willing to give one off funding. Don't get me wrong, its great and all but we are really looking for continuous support. I've also looked at like Sport England and Sport UK but they only give help to Olympians..

Any info would be much appreciated.

just keep on asking local busiensses, or get hooked up with a club, maybe a club will sponsor you

Author of "WarriorRage KickBoxing"

President of the WarriorRage KickBoxing Federation

https://www.wrkf.us