Roy Jones Jr. vs. Anderson Silva  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Roy Jones Jr. vs. Anderson Silva

• Roy Jones
    • Anderson Silva

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I say let them box then give Jones time to train in some ground skills and put him in the cage. Let them each have a fight in their own enviroment. That would make it even more interesting.
I agree with you here. It would be a great cross-over challenge, and I think everyone would enjoy both fights.

Are you guys serious? You think Sylva has a chance of winning a boxing match against Roy Jones? He may be past his prime but he is a top notch boxer, not 1-1 semi pro boxer. Come on guys Jones would mop the floor with Sylva in pure boxing match.
Sylva may not be able to beat Jones. There is no questioning Jones' skill in the ring; even at his age now. But the match would be fun to watch. You are taking two athletes that are both in the upper echelon of their respective disciplines. It would be fun to watch, and kind of a historical type of challenge match.

You're talking two completely different styles of fighting.

In a straight boxing match, Roy Jones Jr is going to dominate Anderson Silva- no ifs ands or buts about it.

Boxing allows hitting with the fists only and no clinch fighting. Many things used in boxing cannot be used in a actual fight as a result (take bobbing and weaving for example). Bob and weave in a muay thai fight, and you'll wake up on a hospital bed. Such things are of limited value to someone like Silva, who fights under fewer rules.

I would expect Anderson to be able to defend against Jones Jr and go the distance. I would not, however, expect Jones Jr to be able to defend himself against Silva in either a muay thai or mma bout and certainly wouldnt expect him to go the distance.

You're talking two completely different styles of fighting.

Yes, I realize this. It would still be fun to watch the two try the crossovers.

In a straight boxing match, Roy Jones Jr is going to dominate Anderson Silva- no ifs ands or buts about it.

Boxing allows hitting with the fists only and no clinch fighting. Many things used in boxing cannot be used in a actual fight as a result (take bobbing and weaving for example). Bob and weave in a muay thai fight, and you'll wake up on a hospital bed. Such things are of limited value to someone like Silva, who fights under fewer rules.

I would expect Anderson to be able to defend against Jones Jr and go the distance. I would not, however, expect Jones Jr to be able to defend himself against Silva in either a muay thai or mma bout and certainly wouldnt expect him to go the distance.

I agree with your assesments here as well. I have heard many times that bobbing and weaving in a Thai fight would only get you kicked or kneed in the head.