• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to fight larger opponents

My brother is 6'4 and weights 310lbs and I stand 5'0 and weight 160lbs and He is fast and strong but when we spar I can usually get one or two good hits then he just lays a haymaker on me and that will do it unless i cheat and go for...low blows but I don't unless angered which doesn't happen.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick up a chair and hit them with it.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I like this.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Eyes are good targets. Hit him with a car or a big stick. Anything heavy and then get distance.

Hey it's combat. Screams... high pitched screams could give you an opportunity. Or a loud kiai. Throw something... do something unexpected. You can't control size, but you can control distance and timing. Use your surroundings to minimize his advantage and maximize your advantage.

I once told I guy that I didn't want to fight. I looked him straight in the eye. I said he'd probably kill me. That eventually, he would win. But that I would make it my life's purpose to tear out his left eye before he killed me.

That stopped the fight right away. He shook my hand and walked away.

Seriously though I like this method & would probably tell him the same. :up:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

No matter how big they are, all men have the same vulnerable areas as other men. Big or small, they've all got johnsons, ears, eyes, noses, mouths, knees, and throats. The bigger ones usually have knee issues because of their weight.

And we all have elbows, knees, kicks, chops, punches, and palms. No need for anything more than the stuff we will remember in a real fight.

I'm 5'1". People like me have to think like this if we ever get into a confrontation or we'd probably panic.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

I would rather be mobile than on the ground, if this was a street encounter. You do not know your opponent, you might end up with a knife in your side. Try rolling with a training blade.

That is a great idea. I may have to experiment with that one.

It's a very telling drill.

Toss a knife in at random at times. Club and gun too. It's a good drill to work on weapon retention. I like tossinghtem in at randome once the roll has started to make everyone switch gears.

It's a very telling drill.

Toss a knife in at random at times. Club and gun too. It's a good drill to work on weapon retention. I like tossinghtem in at randome once the roll has started to make everyone switch gears.

:o

Awesome. I may have to mention this in our next DT session. Thanks for the cool ideas, guys. It'll give me and the other guys a chance to do some impromptu reactionary stuff.

Wow, you guys sound just like my new sensei! We had a blast one time practicing on the ground with knives and guns, multiple attackers, no light, and without using certain body parts. He would just say, "Okay, keep doing what you're doing, but don't use any hands." Just another idea to share.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.