• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Past saturday morning , I was rolling with a very good purple belt , of course he let me work...but in the end , he always pull something off.

He got me in a sort of rib lock ( I don´t know the english name , it was from closed guard , compresing the lower torax with both legs and arms).

I tried to resist , but I started to see weird things.. I had to tap. I saw weird lights ( colorful , silver, red, white). Those ´´lights ´´ had curvy shapes and were like floating in the air.

I didnt feel bad , but I felt really light ( like drunk or something). I took a couple of minutes and was ready to fight again.

Does this lock affect some artery/vein ?

It also seems to make breathing difficult.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hard telling. It sounds like it was messing with knocking you out. I would maybe see if you can replicate the feeling again, and see what you think. Then do some research.

There are no arteries/ veins in your chest that would be able to be compressed so its just a lack of being able to breath.

The technique is a form of a choke

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

actually there is a couple of Kyusho spots on the ribs..the Getsuei, Zoku, Inazuma and Karishita.. doesnt have to be a vein or artery..

Hey.. I am not in the pressure points stuff , what are zoku , inazuma ,etc ?

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

actually there is a couple of Kyusho spots on the ribs..the Getsuei, Zoku, Inazuma and Karishita.. doesnt have to be a vein or artery..

Hey.. I am not in the pressure points stuff , what are zoku , inazuma ,etc ?

they are the names given for the weak spots on the ribs.. I wasnt into the Pressure Point stuff either, I was really skeptical and didnt even believe they worked... they do, there are lots of points but I think only 30 of them are effective? I think??.. look at your funny bone for example? that feeling you get when you hit it, your actually hitting your Ulnar nerve.. and there are point like that on your head, chest, neck, arm and legs.. but you will get a different reaction for some.. some may KO you, make you lose the color in your vision temporarily, or make you go limp with out actually losing conscience.. kinda scary actually and sometimes can be dangerous to play with. but Kyusho can be a great way to add to your arsenal.. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Sounds like he may have simply put you in a body triangle and squeezed. Depending on how strong his legs are, and how much you did or did not panic, its very likely you simply overexerted and hypervenelated yourself.

I seriously doubt he hit any "pressure points." Theres no physical evidence to suggest that hitting pressure points yields such devestating results. Against those relatively inexperienced, body triangles (as they are called) can cause them to tap out. Against more experienced fighters, a body triangle done from the guard is really a waste of time- Hit whatever pressure points you want, its not going to do anything to them, other than stall the match for a little bit

Sounds like he may have simply put you in a body triangle and squeezed. Depending on how strong his legs are, and how much you did or did not panic, its very likely you simply overexerted and hypervenelated yourself.

I seriously doubt he hit any "pressure points." Theres no physical evidence to suggest that hitting pressure points yields such devestating results. Against those relatively inexperienced, body triangles (as they are called) can cause them to tap out. Against more experienced fighters, a body triangle done from the guard is really a waste of time- Hit whatever pressure points you want, its not going to do anything to them, other than stall the match for a little bit

hitting kyusho points can shut down the Central Nervous System.. that wont just "stall" them.. even though it could be hard to hit in a combat situation.. I dont rely entirely on it.. but I dont think that it is a complete waste of time..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

hitting kyusho points can shut down the Central Nervous System.. that wont just "stall" them.. even though it could be hard to hit in a combat situation.. I dont rely entirely on it.. but I dont think that it is a complete waste of time..

Then let someone demonstrate their usefullness by using them in some form of competitive event against a resisting opponent. Such evidence doesnt exist, and if you could do it, you'd be very successfull in grappling competitions.

Pressure points work great when you demonstrate against a non-resisting opponent because his muscles are relaxed and allows for easy manipulation of the nerves. During a fight, imagine your opponent as a soldier wearing armor- the armor being his muscles. By contracting his muscles (as a boxer does when he breathes out as his punches) he protects himself against his opponents attacks.