• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Attended a Ground Fighting Defense seminar, too!!

On 3-14-08, the day after my Gun Retention seminar, I got to attend a Ground Fighting Defense seminar. This was a very awesome class! I have read several books on BJJ, but have never really had a chance to try to do anything. In this class, we got to work on various grappling aspects, like working from the mount, open and closed guard, doing sweeps and reversals, and all kinds of cool stuff, like ground and pound, too.

Just the few things that we covered as far as grappling goes really opened my eyes to the world of grappling, and I hope that I can get more opportunites to check into this stuff.

What I also picked up on were the differences involved in grappling in work scenario, and grappling in a competition. Lots of things to keep in mind, and most of the stuff was geared at improving positition in order to get ourselves up to our feet in order to get out of danger and proceed with arresting procedures.

Very cool stuff!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sounds like it was pretty good. Where did you attend these seminars? Where they hosted by your school?

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

These seminars were put on by the Defensive Tactics instructor from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center. They were held at out college campus, Fort Hays State University, in the Wrestling room. Each seminar was $25 for 8 hours. You can't beat that. On top of that, my department covered the cost. So you REALLY can't beat that! :D

I think that you will. There is a lot of stuff to get used to, but it is worth it, I think.

I just hope I get another opportunity to do something like this again soon.