• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

questions about mma school/miked martial arts dojo?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

IT's hard to say whether it's good or not. The instructor bios seem genuine enough. Check it out and see if you like it.

As far as your size goes...MMA is a sport. Should you decide to get in the ring, you'll be with other people in your weight class. In the school itself, you may have a hard time finding someone your size to work with. But, again, you'll just have to go there and find out. The good news is that it will require you to use perfect technique. The better your technique gets, the tougher you will become. Especially since you'll be used to fighting guys much bigger than you. Several of our smaller guys fare very well when they do tourneys or fight and it's for that reason.

Good luck.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Looks good to me, best thing is to try it out your self see what yhou think of it. Is it helping you reach your goals? Do you like the instructior? the fellow class mates? can you afford the gym dues? Can you travel and make classes on a regular basis? All diffrent factors you got to take into consideration.

Try it out, if you like it and its good, then your in the right place.

I am insterestead in MMA practice also. Not for comeption just for my personal enjoyment for right now. I am particularly looking into ground and pound aspect. Finding diffrent set ups to get good strikes in, while avoiding my opponet from tangling me up/breaking my posture, or going for or finishing a sub on me. I think its a cool aspect I haven't gotten much into.

sorry i haven't responded. but yeah i can make the trip (it's just 4 minutes away) so the only thing i'm worried about is how much it's gonna cost AFTER the 2 week free thing (which starts this tuesday btw i'm a lil scared lol) also, this may sound like a stupid question but can

you wear socks on the mat instead of bein barefoot? i ask this b/c of no particular reason just b/c i HATE being barefoot....if that makes sense lol feedback is appreciated!! btw these forums rock

Regarding socks the best thing to do is to ask the instructor that question when you go there.

As long as you get along with the teamates and they help you learn not just beat you down. You should be good. Just go in there showing respect to the instructor and your fellow classmates, by wanting to learn, helping other students learn by being agood training partner. Ie.(not going all out to try to beat the other people.) take it slow learn, try to work and drill the techniques.

It may seem frusterating at first, but keep going and you will get the hang of it. Think of it like this some days your the hammer other days your the nail. I felt like a nail for a long time a few years.

Remember this advice. TAP! TAP! TAP! Tap often, don't be a hero, and try to fight out of a submission and get your self hurt. That takes away from your tranining time and makes getting out of the bed and going through your regular day miserable. May sound like common sense but you will get alot of peoiple who have to much ego and won't follow it and there training time is short lived.

Any way I hope you have alot of fun, enjoy learning fromt he instructor, and working with your training partners, and have a good time.