• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forced to use Lethal Force

That is true, but you need to keep the knife from cutting you first. If you can debilitate the attacker, then you may accomplish that goal. However, you want to keep that knife from moving too much, I think.

I agree. Control the most dangerous weapon and then you can worry about taking out vital areas. If you are busy trying to use eye jabs and striking the throat (the groin isn't likely to do alot in these situations), the opponent is likely to be busy stabbing you. Gain some sort of control over the weapon, then hit they eyes or throat and so on.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the post, try to look it up on the Department of Justice website. I would find it hard to believe that many posters here have been in 100 conflicts. So it would be a guess at very best. That wouldn't help you.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

That is true, but you need to keep the knife from cutting you first. If you can debilitate the attacker, then you may accomplish that goal. However, you want to keep that knife from moving too much, I think..

One of my old instructors allways said to gain contol of the head of the snake.

• 1 month later...

Ummm the way i was taught...

Deadly force, that force which a person know or whish he should know has a risk of causing death or serious bodily harm. It use is justified on in the following manner:

self defence

defence of others.

property involving national security

property not involving national security but inherently dangerous to others.

Upon lawful order

dang i cant remember the other 2

Serious bodily harm is breaking of bone mainming or disfiguring

So even your non lethal strikes are using deadly force.

Cars make you weak

This is an issue that many people have confused and lost their lives in prison as a result.

A District Attorney in the United States can decided to press manslaughter charges for ANY death, which are not murder charges, even if lethal force is used for the purposes of 'self-defense' and even if the opponent is carrying a weapon and you are not. There are many standards that play into 'self-defense' which differs in each state and sometimes county, and the distinction between 'self-defense' and manslaughter actually has a lot of grey areas. The police are required to DILIGENTLY investigate 'wrongful' death, and even if the police are on your side, this kind of situation can end up blowing up in your face.

Be careful, my brothers.

you are absoluty correct.

my statement came after years of being trained with that dogma.

My point was that even if you break a bone i.e. cheek bone that can be considered deadly force.

So any technique that you use has the posibility of being classified as deadly force.

Cars make you weak

This may be helpful, I found this web site but I don't know exactly how to paste it in here....so here goes anyway...

https://www.ittendojo.org/articles/general-4.htm

I have read most of it and it sound like the author knows what he's talking about...OK, I just clicked on the link to make sure I did it right and it worked, then I finished reading the whole article. It is very well articulated and it definitely has some wisdom in there, ya'll should check it out.

Using no Way, AS Way...

Using no Limitation, AS Limitation

• 5 months later...

I'm being taught preemptive work. I know for a fact this person wants to hurt me, so I do a preemptive strike and follow through with the rest of my whammies until the guy is unable to fight. This applies to a big guy too, it's legal to do preemptive striking if you feel that your health is compromised in any way and can prove that a reasonable person would have concluded the same.

Of course, I'm a really short woman, so the law wouldn't care one way or another if I had to resort to deadly force. Though, if the guy runs away or stops, I just run to a phone. I'd imagine it must be pretty hard to stop the attack with all that insane adrenaline pumping.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

Of course, I'm a really short woman, so the law wouldn't care one way or another if I had to resort to deadly force.

I wouldn't bank on that. What the law might think, and what a defense attorney may try to hit you with, are two very different things.