• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who Are Your Martial Art Heroes?

BRUCE LEE! -

for obvious reason but I still gotta comment on how AWESOME he was >.>;

Jackie Chan- gotta love him :P

Jet Li- yea >.> I can't leave him out of my list...

Pat Morita - is awesomeness.. I have no idea about his real martial arts abilities..but he makes good old man sensei..wish I knew a guy like that..

My Cousin- >.> my cousin is the one who got me interested in fighting in the first place >.>;

uh the girl who played Annie in the movie "Annie" XD

"Hiya! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't really think it'd work"

So hai - uh the old man in "drunken master" :)

I'm not giving them a real order..just listing them..but bruce lee is top :P

..and my cousin is SOMEWHERE in the top XD

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nai Khanom Tom

Nai Khanom Tom is known as the "father of Muay Thai" and is considered to be the first Thai Boxer to have fought using the art outside of Thailand. He defeated 10 Burmese boxers in succession to earn his freedom from captivity in Burma on March 17th, 1774.

• 7 months later...

I hope this is not a very long list. But I have some that were not listed.

Don "The Dragon" Wilson (had a cameo in Say Anything, he bloodied up John

Cusacks nose.)

Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Gary Daniels, Cynthia Rothrock, Buelo Yueng,

Matt Damon (The Bourne Identity, gotta love that style Kali), Michael Dudikoff (who didn't love American Ninja?) Sho Kusugi, Chuck Norris, Frank Mir and there are a lot more but I don't want to be writing all night. lol...

My students!

:)

Ah, how simple, and yet how profound. I completely agree. I'd personally also add my Sensei as my martial arts hero, as he inspires me in many ways to become a better martial artist and instructor every day.

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

6) Fedor : The greatest MMA heavyweight , a champion judoka and samboist. Also , a humble guy.

I am sorry but it is not so that fedor greatest champion...he is not mohammed ali of mma...to be really greatest is requires to be winner about 10-15 years... he needs still 5-8 years and then he will greatest but now it is only "beatiful words"... because today he is a winner and tommorow he was defeated a fight..we will look to to future and we will see fedor is greates or not...

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT MOSTLY AMERICANS PREFER TO TAKE MARTIAL ARTIST WITH MOVIE BACKROUND OR MAKERS MARTIAL ARTS MOVIES BECAUSE THESE GUYS HAVE PHILOSOPHY BASE OR THEY LEARNED PHILOSOPHY AND ABSORBED SPIRIT TRAINING..CHUCK NORRIS, BRUCE LEE, STEVEN SEAGAL, JACKIE CHAN AND SO ON...IT NEEDS RATHER IMITATE REALLY GOOD GUYS THAN JUST SPORTSMENS WITHOUT ANY PHILOSOPHY PREPAREDNESS AND KNOW ONLY TO BEAT PARTNER OR TAKE BARBELL.

6) Fedor : The greatest MMA heavyweight , a champion judoka and samboist. Also , a humble guy.

I am sorry but it is not so that fedor greatest champion...he is not mohammed ali of mma...to be really greatest is requires to be winner about 10-15 years... he needs still 5-8 years and then he will greatest but now it is only "beatiful words"... because today he is a winner and tommorow he was defeated a fight..we will look to to future and we will see fedor is greates or not...

I don't know if you'll see very many careers in MMA that last 15 years. I don't think you can compare the longevity of MMAers to Boxers. Guys like Couture are going to be the exception rather than the rule, and as the competition keeps getting better and better, the ability to stay on top for prolonged periods of time will lessen more and more.

IT NEEDS RATHER IMITATE REALLY GOOD GUYS THAN JUST SPORTSMENS WITHOUT ANY PHILOSOPHY PREPAREDNESS AND KNOW ONLY TO BEAT PARTNER OR TAKE BARBELL.

I don't think that this is alltogether fair to assume. Not every movie guy MAist is a nice guy, and you can't know if sportsmen MAist have any personal philosophies without asking them. You might be surprised.

I'd personally also add my Sensei as my martial arts hero, as he inspires me in many ways to become a better martial artist and instructor every day.

Absolutely! Without a doubt!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!