• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who Are Your Martial Art Heroes?

I thought it might be an interesting thread to ask people who their martial art heroes are and why. Here are a few of mine.

BRUCE LEE - He definately shows that a small guy can train for enormous power. His dedication to training was so intense Chuck Norris described him as 'potentially obsessed with martial arts.'

CHUCK NORRIS - He was a five-year global champion in fighting and yet never lost his down-to-earth attitude. His autobiography is an excellant resource for anybody looking for inspiration.

DOCTOR MASAAKI HATSUMI - He could inspire anybody to a true love for the martial arts with examples that are practical, simple, and easy enough for a whole crowd of five hundred people to execute at once.

CYNTHIA ROTHROCK - A superior female martial artist. I heard she has some good martial arts movies out, too.

I don't want to name everybody I possibly could, or else there would be no people left for anybody else to name! Thanks, everybody.

First Grandmaster - Montgomery Style Karate; 12 year Practitioner - Bujinkan Style Ninjutsu; Isshinryu, Judo, Mang Chaun Kung Fu, Kempo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He definately shows that a small guy can train for enormous power. His dedication to training was so intense Chuck Norris described him as 'potentially obsessed with martial arts.'

Sure , bruce was great. I would se the same sentence for Royce gracie.

My MA list

1) Jigoro Kano: Creator of Judo .Who discovered a good use for free sparring. Granpa of BJJ , SAMBO , and many others.

2)Gracie Family : Not just BJJ , they were unique in the development of vale tudo and MMA ( but not creators of ground fighting of course)

3)All those , many unnamed roman and greek fighters who created western wrestling....the people who promoted it back in the end of middle ages/modern era.

4) Rocky marciano : The boxer with the greatest guts ever.

5) Mohamed ali/C. clay : Superhuman technical boxer. Also a good guy , with inner strenght.

6) Fedor : The greatest MMA heavyweight , a champion judoka and samboist. Also , a humble guy.

7) Bruce lee : I love the ´´ cut the fat ´´ , way of thinking MA.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

Bruce Lee-I have yet to have anyone have a bigger impact than him on myself

Jackie Chan-He makes martial arts fun, I love his enthusiasm and his general character.

Not technically a martial artist but Pat Morita-"Hey can you break a log like that?"

"Dont know, never been attacked by tree before" :lol:

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Chuck Norris was a big one for me. I grew up watching shows like Lone Wolf McQuade and the Missing in Action series.

My dad was also an inspiration for me as well.

Bruce Lee. For obvious reasons.

Sammo Hung. He's a big guy yet he proves that you can be big but agile and fast.

From within TKD: Hwang Su-Il, Jaroslaw Suska and Truls Hotvedt. These guys have the most amazing ability with their legs. I'd be happy with half of it.

And of course my instructor and the people I train with.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Bruce Lee same for the obvious reasoons i like him because he was what every martial artist should strive for, and beyond, he was an incredible thinker and philosopher and I admire him for that

Wise men do not need to prove a point.

Men who need to prove a point aren't wise.

I definitely have to say:

1. Ralph Machio- Not a real martial artist, but he played one on TV :)

2. The Gracie Family

3. Jigoro Kano

4. Miyamoto Mushashi

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I would have to say Bruce Lee , because he created JKD which is my major style.

Also Chuck Norris for his great programs in the states.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.