Carjacking Scenarios

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I dont really think its going to far off topic because were are investigating differant possible encounters.

Now since you mention Alcohol I agree with you on that part.

As to all crimes being violent, I guess you could classify them as that, given they step outside the law as well as the accepted social/moral contract. However, there is a big difference between a crime vs. properity and a crime vs. a person. Hence, labeling the second as violent. As ma-ist, this comes into play in not only choosing how we respond with our skills (properity cirme vs. personal) but also in our mindset. We have to realize we are training to fight an individaul who is violent by nature and willing to commit bodily crime. This is a major change from learning to compete or train against compliant partners.

But can't a crime directed to property eventually turn to a crime to a person?, and we do advances training once you are purple belt, we do heavy sparring without protection to stimulate how someone who is a criminal is trying to fight your for their get a way or some drug money, and its extremely hard (like you have said), they can have altered pain reception and altered mental conditions. So, it could be your neighbor who secretly Hates you, and he finally broke.

and everything else below I totally agree with you on.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

Although not all crimes are drug-related, I don't see that drug crimes are not as criminally big as they used to be. Around my area, we deal with anything from marijuana, to meth, to cocaine. And it isn't sporadic; its a drug problem, and lots of areas have it.

Just about 3 or 4 months ago, our area busted up a drug ring that sent around 10 guys to Federal Court. Selling meth and cocaine. And I live in a community of only about 15,000. It is there; believe me.

And tallgeese is right about counting alcohol usage in there, too. Anything from DUIs to disorderly conduct, to battery and domestic battery, I have seen stem from overuse of alcohol.

I drive a GM car- nobody is going to steal that!

I'm sure a criminal or two would be interested in my Chevy Tahoe...

Increase work capacity over broad time and modal domains. Intensity is key.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

-Sun Tzu

Every year, there is an analysis put out (I can't remember who does it) that tells what make of autos is the most-often stolen. I think last year one was a Toyota Corolla....the kind I drive!

• 1 month later...

Every Martial Artist should practice against a car-jacking. Will they work all of the time? Maybe/maybe not! My shortest answer to this would be...I'd drive away as fast as I could, if I'm not blocked in or jump out and let the carjacker have the dumb car. I'd say the odds are stacked against the driver because of the confined space and we're sitting down with our seatbelts on.

Whatever one does in this situation...do it fast!

:idea:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 month later...

1. As far as a carjacking why not just step on the gas and drive away? It seems like if the bad guy doesn't hurt you right away he's looking for an easy target. The police on here probably have more statistics and insight. Of course most stolen cars end up getting returned to the owner, usually in worse shape than when they were borrowed, but returned none the less.

2. The UDT's never became Seals - that's the flippered mammal with hair and blubber covering their entire bodies - the folks you're thinking of are the SEALs. Sorry to nit-pick; as a former Marine (which is always capitalized) I prefer to see these terms used correctly.

• 6 months later...
Car jackings are always armed. My plan is to comply, get out, while turning the engine off if I can remember, then as they turn it on my concealed weapon is drawn and put to their head. Whether or not they live depends on their immediate reaction to my demand that their hands touch the ceiling. Seeing as how they just threatened my life with a weapon, the car jacker has no room for error.

If I'm in the car alone- meaning my kids aren't stuck in the back- I may be more likely to just let them go.

Look, Im in Iraq right now. I have found that while plans are nice its always good to be able to have alternate plans and be proficient to the point of where you can quickly come up with an alternate plan. What if your gun jams, or has some other malfunction, then what are you going to do? What if the said car jacker has a buddy. Being trained for contingencies is absolutely necessary if you intend to survive.

I had my car "jacked". The besrt thing, get your people out as fast as you can and let them "have the thing."

My vehicles are insured and can be replaced.

The well-being of myself and loved ones, cannot.

Then, less not forget the many nifty things one can do to a car, to keep it from being jacked.

I think prevention, and no -gung ho heroics are the best course.

Unless the car-jacker is trying to get the car and the owner (kidnapping), which may take on a different course of action.