• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst Injury/injuries you've recieved while trainig

-Jammed a couple of fingers

-Pulled a hamstring

Other than that, it hasn't been worse than a few bumps, bruises and lots of sore muscles. When and if the big one hits, I think it will be in my rec soccer league, not in karate.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had my nose broken 3 times and 2 fractured ribs, also a fractured shin.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

pulled right iliopsoas...funny little word but long lasting pain in my hip flexors where lifting my leg for many weeks was all but a nightmare...

..i've always wondering how to keep them more flexibile and stronger as well...

-Broken hand (elementary school ,not training, punching a bully). I was an idiot.

-Broken nose ( boxing). Thanks god...it looks normal.

- I have several bone scars and ´´ balls ´´ in my shins . MMA.

-Damaged toe for 6 months , mma ( I was taken down , and my big toe twisted)

- Once , when I was 7 yo , my kung fu instructor asked me to open a window . The window was not screwed and when I pulled it , the whole thing fell on my head and arms... I got a big cut in my wrist.

-Black eyes...many times ...

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

Took out my left knee once practicing jump 360 knife hands. Partial acl tear and major ligiment strain. May have cracked where the ligiment attaches too. Have had to wear a knee brace ever since. Still does not feel right(unstable) when using it as a supporting leg or landing.

A shin into a knee during TKD busting it up pretty bad and didn't get better for a couple of months. Also have had some bad muscle injuries, but nothing along the lines of broken noses or something like that. I guess I need to train more

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Partially tore a ligament in my knee at a tournament last year. It tightens up if I try to do anything without being fully warmed up. My instructor also gave me concussion once.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Did something to an elbow once while I was an uke for a throw. I can neither confirm or deny if it was serious. All I know is it pops and cracks still and if someone starts to bar it out while rolling, I tap fast rather than fight it.

I would bet a torn ligament, tendon, or potentially little bits of cartilidge. I would think tendon, though, by your description. That's what mine did, until the point I tore it so badly I had to stop using it...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu