• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst Injury/injuries you've recieved while trainig

Broken Nose 3X

Broken Fingers 4X

Knee popped out of joint 2X

But the worst was a torn medial colateral ligament (knee injury) from which I never fully recovered. Just can't do flying kicks anymore. Oh well!

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have busted both sets of ribs, and i hurt my knee bad when a buddy was showing me something he had learned in Judo, but i have bad knees anyways so it wasnt a surprise it would eventually happen

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

I just relized I never made a followup post.

I have hyper extended my knee twice once kicking on from not tapping to a knee bar.

Hyper extended my spine deminstrating how to sprawl and hipin to new students.

Broken ribs from sparring.

Unknown shoulder injury that plagues me to this day.

Unknown injury to the arch of my foot. This is why I use the shin on round houses as I should've that time.

Unknown but pretty sure I fractured my heel attempting to break a cap block.

Unknown but posible stress fracturein my right hand from grappling.

And finally numerous busted noses, lips, black eyes bruises, jammed falangies during sparring and regular training.

Hmm, let's see...

6 broken fingers

4 broken toes (not including the same one twice)

sprained wrist/ankles unsure how many times

several bruised ribs from different occasions

dislocated shoulders (both)

hyperextension of both elbows and right knee (not yet to left, give it time :lol )

broken shin

dislocated thumbs

torn muscles on inner thighs/groin area

countless bruises

3 concussions (at one other gym area, I was flipped and my head missed the mat and hit the floor)

some weird back injury that's healed

countless hits on lips, eyes, etc...

currently, some weird shoulder injury

Last year when I was training Muay Thai I had a really hard training session and as I went to get a drink of water I took a step back and rolled my ankle. I thought that it was heaps funny that I was doing kick boxing and it was only simply taking a step that hurt me.

I have ripped off a toe in karate

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

• 4 weeks later...

Two nights ago, I was ground fighting on carpet. I have carpet burns on my knees and elbows which are very sore at the momment. sleeping is hard. The y dont hurt, but are really really annoying!

https://www.markstraining.com Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.

Not an injury as such but really painful.. Last night at training I was stretching in a sort of front splits position, then my front leg all cramped up and I couldn't do anything! Was stuck in the splits, unable to move or do anything to stop the cramping. :(

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Last night at class, upon rechambering a round kick as fast as I could, I managed to tweak something in the area behind my right knee and near the upper calf. It doesn't feel good today, either.