• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst Injury/injuries you've recieved while trainig

I've seen this topic on another forum but thought I would start it here. What is the worst injury or injuries you've recieved while training in martial arts. Your style does not matter on this one. Also explain how/ what caused the injury. Have fun with this one.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped a rib in BJJ. The guy had my back and was going for a choke. I was wiggling my way out when the instructor started to coach him. So I became complient and alwayed him to stretch me and all of a sudden my rib popped. It hurt really bad for a month or so.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Tore a tendon in my right elbow. Original injury came from falling off a sled wrong, but needless to say, months of joint locks did the trick and made it go from sore to torn.

I agree with blackxpress. It's very painful, and I wouldn't recommend it, either. Not to mention it takes FOREVER to heal...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Bruised or cracked ribs from a punch I caught during sparing. About three or four weeks after the hit I was still wincing at impacts...on the other side of my chest.

Did something to an elbow once while I was an uke for a throw. I can neither confirm or deny if it was serious. All I know is it pops and cracks still and if someone starts to bar it out while rolling, I tap fast rather than fight it.

Other than the odd assortment of jammed or broken toes and fingers, blacked eyes, swollen lips and tweaked backs that was the hardest to deal with.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Torn meniscus in my right knee, too :) It's lovely.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

this is a good one. so one week, i was talking about how i have never seemed to recieve and injury from martial arts, and i was explaining to a parent how avid i am in the martial arts, and no injuries have become of it. so the next week im doing and endurance drill(50 jump front kicks in 30 seconds) that i have done literally hundreds of times successfully before. on the FIRST jump front kick, i immediately notice i cannot get my footing under me and that somethings wrong, so i landed on the outside ankle of my left foot, and SNAP! there goes my entire ligament, gone. in little, tiny, completely unsavlagable pieces. so it's safe to say, im getting surgery in april. not fun.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."