• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got into a fight a work this morning...

Throwdown0850

I also agree that you did the right thing, I think the reason you kicked him instead of throwing him is, for what you were learning at the time, it's what was fresh in your mind

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel too bad. He was attacking other people and he attacked you. You did the right thing. You've hopefully taught him an important lesson. Maybe this will turn things around for him. You acted out of compassion. Good work!

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...

It may be that you reacted with a side kick because it was more fresh in your mind, having trained in kempo a day or two before. Memory often works that way.

As far as that drunk is concerned, the only reason I can think to feel bad (which I wouldn't, don't get me wrong), is that he deserved a lot more punishment than he got.

Good for you.

Increase work capacity over broad time and modal domains. Intensity is key.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

-Sun Tzu

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there some CCTV footage of the incident, perhaps this could prove your innocents or you could show it to your sensei so they can help you refine the technique.

With this rate of learning to automatic response it is a good job you had not styarted to learn tiddly winks he could have ended up with a nasty circular piece of plastic in his eye which would have been far more deadly!

• 7 months later...
With this rate of learning to automatic response it is a good job you had not styarted to learn tiddly winks he could have ended up with a nasty circular piece of plastic in his eye which would have been far more deadly!

LMAO :lol:

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You did fine. He attacked others and you used your training. You defended others and yourself, the true reason MA were ever made. More over you regreted your actions showing your intentions were not to HURT him but rather to PROTECT yourself. Those are two key concepts; you acted with a good reason. You did no't act out of malice or wanting to attacking and use your training.

I am just coming into MA and I hope some day, I can be just as good as you. I am looking into Soo bahk do at the age of 15, after seeing many family members hurt and a profound long time intrest in MA. Seeing people use it successfully only makes me wish July got here faster. MA was made to protect people and you used it perfectly. Kudos.

"Life is not about what you have in the end, it is about what you did to get there"

"The reason most people fail is they are not prepared. Noone practises hundreds of times, but I do and I always will."

• 4 weeks later...

I am a nurse too. I have worked in the ER and now I am working in a college health center. I am a brown belt in karate and my dojo teaches realistic street self defense and kickboxing style sparring (Texas Karate, Lubbock, TX, American Karate Black Belt Association); anyway....as a nurse your situation is dicey because of the overboard caution due to "what if we get sued" but you did what you did. He could have hurt someone else and probably didn't, due to your quick action.

Wish me luck, red belt test Wednesday night, probably 25+ sparring matches, self defense, 11 katas and formal one step sparring.