• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WWF Wrestlers

well said bushido man. Also i would like to add there are guys in the business who are known as shooters. Thay know just as much about submission as the next guy. Also there stamina is amazing a good pro wrestler can wrestle upwards or 60min so cardio should not be 2 much of a factor that they would have to adjust for.Thay are big and vaery athletic. Thay also know how to pace them selfs when need be and when to press the pace. Also dont use brock as and example. He was a crappy pro wrestler that never earned the respect of his peers or wrestling fans. He was a gimick to make money. Now you want to talk about guys like dean malinko chris bennot arn anderson antonio anoki all these guys were lagitamit shooters that were doing theses techniques long before mma was a household name

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to get in a fight with dean Malinko, even if 800 of his 1000 holds is an armbar.

Your thinking of Chris Jericho, who is the man of 1,004 holds.

I would hate to get in a fight with dean Malinko, even if 800 of his 1000 holds is an armbar.

I was waiting to see if you'd catch that.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• 2 weeks later...

Although not a Wresltler, Kenny Rogers "knows when to hold 'em..."

Although not a Wresltler, Kenny Rogers "knows when to hold 'em..."

ROFLMBBO!!

:lol:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 7 months later...

I am now retired from the Pro Wrestling indie circuit and have moved on to Karate and I must say that before my martial arts training I probably couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag. I mean I would have done alright I guess on pure instinct and raw power, but I had nowhere near the skill that I have now. Pro wrestlers train in two things - weights and pro wrestling. IN the ring, pro wrestling is a "shell" of real wrestling (amateur, gecko-roman, etc.) however, the goal inside of the ring is to protect and help the other guys. Pro wrestlers are strong, but the other guy jumps when I go to body slam him. Now if you were to get a hold of a REAL wrestler (some pro wrestlers actually have a background in real wrestling) and you might have more of a challenge, but even in real wrestling, it's about a contest not a fight to the death on the street.

Take that for what you will: practiced skill vs basic instincts.

Karate Croft

http://www.damagezone.webs.com

Isshinryu Karate- Sho Dan|Uechi-ryu- Hachi Kyu

"Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” - Lao Tzu

One of my Students is an ex-amateur wrestler, he found a Karate style which he CAN adapt his wrestling skills to street combat, OSU goooooo Ashihara!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• 11 months later...

What if you are a big martial artist? I am 6'3 and weigh 225 pounds. I bench press over 300 pounds. So with my Judo and Shotokan training along with my boxing I thing there is a chance for a larger martial artist like myself not to get killed by a wrestler. For a smaller martial artist the weight, height and strength advantage would be harder to overcome. But there are martial artist and masters who are over 6'6 and 300 pounds who are quite nimble for their size so despite size and strength advantage I really don't see the wrestlers advantage over a same size and strength martial artist!

Martial Arts is not just a hobby, Its a way of life!!!