• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think that one should be able to apply submissions from any of the positions, but it is hard to agrue that being mounted on someone is far better than being in the guard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Actually his philosophy about BJJ is that there is no bad position to be in. You should be comfortable and calm in any position and there are submission from all positions. I studied BJJ before this and if I had known what he's teaching me then, I'm pretty sure I would have been submitting purple belts. This stuff is awesome.

Ok, maybe I just took it wrong then. In that point he's right. From any point, if the opponent makes a mistake, you can submit them. But there are still some spots that are better than others. For example, you have more options when you control the opponents hips than when he controls yours.

Jiujitsu is about learning where the opponent needs to go. Once you know where the opponent needs to be, you can learn to be ahead of him/her. Anytime you can be a step or two or three ahead of your opponent, you're going to win.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

The hips and the head, but that's a secret. You'll have to come to our school to know what that means.

:)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 3 weeks later...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6zyj2RzHz0s

Promo for Viking BJJ at LB4LB boxing.

The hips and the head, but that's a secret. You'll have to come to our school to know what that means.

Any good grappler would know what that means. Not only physically, but the mental chess game as well.

But there's more.

But there's more.

Oh, ok. As I'm not likely to be making the trip across the country to Glendale, CA...what are your philosophies concerning the hips and head?

Mine are as follows:

1. If you control the hips of an opponent, you control the movement of the opponent. Never allow an opponent to control your hips.

2. If you control the head of an oppoent, you control the movement of the opponent. Never allow an opponent to control your head.

3. Grappling is a physical chess game that requires as much mental proweness as physical.

The muscles in the neck are weak side to side and utilizing this weakness opens up lots of possibilities. The jaw is like a little steering wheel for the body.

Does this make any sense to you? It's kind of hard to explain.

The muscles in the neck are weak side to side and utilizing this weakness opens up lots of possibilities. The jaw is like a little steering wheel for the body.

Does this make any sense to you? It's kind of hard to explain.

Yes...most certainly. Basically, we're saying the same thing. For example, from side control, you can use your shoulder to make sure the opponent's head stays facing away from you. This will both protect you from being bitten and only give the opponent one route of escape. However, if he rolls that way, now you have his back.

I like to call those kinds of things, "opening doorways." But the opponent doesn't realize it's the doorway to hell! Only bad things can happen when they go through.

I love side control! Lots of fun stuff you do to someone. Also from the mount you can control the head to trap the arms. Let's see if we are on the same page. :)