• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Having to choose between TangSooDo/Wing Chun..WHAT TO DO?!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you referring to tang soo do and wing chun?

Because i have now widened the search to deciding between TSD, Judo, and pankration MMA

I would say Whing Chun , and then later on go fo the other style.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

are you referring to tang soo do and wing chun?

Because i have now widened the search to deciding between TSD, Judo, and pankration MMA

Ooooh, I would love to do Pankration. I envy you there.

please elaborate on your envy...

I'm trying to read up on it as well as going to a few classes, the next one is on tuesday. Last one i went to they grappled/striked with about a 70/30 ratio., respectively. A lot of throws in the art?

I would like to take Pankration for the clinch work, ground work, and takedowns. I think you will find a healthy amount of these in the style.

I would like to take Pankration for the clinch work, ground work, and takedowns. I think you will find a healthy amount of these in the style.

I have heard that a Pankration fighter from a long long time ago used to break his opponents fingers in the beginning of the match, and then finish them off, and he was undefeated because of that.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

I have heard that a Pankration fighter from a long long time ago used to break his opponents fingers in the beginning of the match, and then finish them off, and he was undefeated because of that.

Yes, I have read about him as well. There are several old stories about the early Pankration events. Those guys were tough. There was a story about one Boxer who refused to block or parry any attacks, because he felt it was unmanly. His face must have been a mangled, gnarled mess!

nice stories.....

i watched the judo class yesturday, and in a bit im going to try out the pankration mma class....i'll be back later with a post regarding them both :D

nice stories.....

i watched the judo class yesturday, and in a bit im going to try out the pankration mma class....i'll be back later with a post regarding them both :D

ask the instructor on which days he does the Randori free practice of Judo.. I think you would really like that.. :D

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard