• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

RIO HEROES :REAL OLD STYLE NHB

I love this ! Is like watching the old UFC fights , but now...

No gloves, no time limits ...

Check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZKjFQqiKU&feature=related

this fight is basically ground and pound...

Many people talk crap in the youtube comments about the guys who fight there...I´d like to know how many of those charlatans would dare to enter that deadly cage.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bit of triva on this from an article in either Fight magazine or Tap Out. It was supposed to be "Real Heroes" when the promoter was asking the Brazilian he was working with for an idea on the name. The accent caused the slip up, but they both liked it so much it stuck.

And yes, while raw, these fights are the real deal.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Bah- give me John Sullivan! 35 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss. 30 of those were by KO...plus he had the handlebar 'stache 8)

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I'll take John L any day! Just don't make me calculate weight in stones or let the production cut to comercial every time a knock down is scored and fighters have 1 minute to come to the mark. :D

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Geez, how many times did the guy have to tap before the ref saw it?

The ref is and idiot , and/or he doesnt care about human life.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

John Sullivan cares...

(ok, I'm done with the Sullivan remarks). Those guys are tough for sure, but not really on par with most pro mma fighters today.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

They are good fighters and they have the heart, but this does not mean they are the best. And yes ill take any one of them on any day of the week bring it on.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.