• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slow lesson

Justin90

Hey all.

Just had one of those really slow, uneventful, all round low-morale sort of lessons. The one where everybdies dead on their feet from school, work, kids etc.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on drills or exercises one could use to liven it all up a bit.

Many thanks.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I taught one on Friday

I seemed to get through everything so quickly. I have gained a few injuries from a 20 Man I did the night before so wasn't able to do what I really wanted to do.

I asked one of my blackbelts to do the warm up. this was quicker than normal. and it was just the activities. I tried to work on bunkai of the Kata, for students to see what they could come up with and how close it is to that taught by the likes of my Sensei and Iain Abernathy.

I had one of my younger students (who is only just old enough to join the Adult class) when will we be finishing cause it was going slow.

I though I think I might rethink whether he has the maturity to be in the adult class or not after that.

but that's the first time that this has happened and it was due to me being injured.

Kids Class was different, it was time to finish before I knew it. strange feeling.

This week is gonna be nothing but Basics, it'll take about an hour and a half to get through them

Osu

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Good idea about the sparring, thanks.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”