• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Summer belt test

I just received notice that I will be testing for my 3rd Dan this summer. I am really excited. Not nervous yet, but probably the closer it gets, the more butterflies I will have. I do have to say that I feel more prepared to take this rank test, than when I tested for shodan and nidan. Probably because I have been a nidan for quite awhile and have been able to train and teach 3 - 4 nights a week. I am really excited for some of the Ikkyu ranks that will be testing for Shodan the same night. It is going to be fun.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks everyone. My big area to train is endurance. Had to do all my kata in front of the class the other day, without any break. By the time I got to Nidan kata, well lets say, I was pooped! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Good luck indeed.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• 1 month later...

Well I took my SanDan test and it went very well. Even had endurance! Think it was adrenaline based though. I am still very sore, but it was a great night. Got to be there to also see 10 others get their Shodan. Great way to start the summer. Thanks for all the encouragements.