• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

iv'e got my blue belt on saturday

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck to you. And a word of advice. I have tested under less than optimal physical conditions. Consider seriously your options. If you feel so rough to a point you know that you are placing yourself at a physical risk to test that is higher than the benefit gained it may be better to wait until the next oppurtunity to test. I know how great the temptation is to test. I also know there is always a risk of getting hurt at test because the adreniline is flowing so high.

Weigh your options carefully. If testing is going to put you at a risk of getting hurt worse back off. If you think you are going to come out allright then go for it. But just think about it first.

Good advice SaiFightsMS, :nod:

There’s nothing worse than messing up a grading and aggravating an injury that could take you out for weeks if not months. It’s simply not worth it.

Best of luck on the day Lau gar :up:

John G Jarrett

1st Degree ITF Taekwon-Do

[ This Message was edited by: John G on 2002-06-11 07:31 ]

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

I agree with Sai. I was supposed to test for my green belt last month, but I pulled my hammy. So I told my instructor that I donno if I could test because I wouldn't be able to kick without re-injuring my hammy. He agreed. Now the test for my green belt is on the 29th. I'm glad I waited, because my hammy is a hell of a lot better. I can kick normal and it's not sore anymore (except when I try to do a front split ouch).

Listen to your body. If you move a certain way and it hurts a lot, don't risk it. There's plenty of testing times. Let your body heal a bit first.

Laurie F

There will plenty more gradings. Whats a few months wait matter? There is only one back, take care of it or you will have many years of pain when you are older. Be careful!!!!!

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

No need in rishing a injury or even possible failure by not being 100%.

I would talk to my sensei and say because of this problem I have chosen to wait. Say something like I fell it would not be right for me to give you less than my best. LOL. Make him think you are really humble. LOL.

Then when you get better come back ace the test and tell the class how much better off you were because you took your time and did it the right way.

However if your like most of us guys you want to show everyone how tough you are and go on and test. LOL. Whatever you choose good luck.

Let us know how it turns out.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

after attending my wednesday class of kung fu iv'e decided to go for my blue belt. i did pretty lame in warming up and stuff today but i know the correct moves (at least i hope so)

blue belt Lau Gar Kung fu

"know your enemy"