• 6 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not perfectly on topic, but I found it to be a relevant story involving martial arts and a rape victim.

http://ustaekwondo4life.blogspot.com/2010/06/regaining-control-when-your-life-is.html

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

I was seven years old when it happened to me, and I didn't have that option.

Now? Yes, I would use lethal force. In a heartbeat. If I killed my assailant, I would have to live with that for the rest of my life, but I would willingly pay that price, to protect myself, and to protect all the other innocents he would otherwise prey upon after me.

If I couldn't kill him, I would do my best to mark him, mark him as permanently as possible. And render him as incapable of rape as possible.

I have been told by a number of people "oh, violence is never the answer and it's never the right decision to kill someone!" They can believe that if they must... none of these people, upon further questioning, had ever been raped.

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

I was seven years old when it happened to me, and I didn't have that option.

Now? Yes, I would use lethal force. In a heartbeat. If I killed my assailant, I would have to live with that for the rest of my life, but I would willingly pay that price, to protect myself, and to protect all the other innocents he would otherwise prey upon after me.

If I couldn't kill him, I would do my best to mark him, mark him as permanently as possible. And render him as incapable of rape as possible.

I have been told by a number of people "oh, violence is never the answer and it's never the right decision to kill someone!" They can believe that if they must... none of these people, upon further questioning, had ever been raped.

I'm very sorry to have read that you faced that yourself at all, and in that, I completely concur with you in every shape, way, and/or form.

:(

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you.

I am not alone in that- many women and yes, men have suffered through something similar.

What it did, though, was teach me how precious innocence is, and how we who have power have the responsibility to defend and protect that innocence in whatever way we can!

OSU!

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.