• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Eddie ´´twister ´´ bravo.

Hey...We all know this guy....He is one of the most creative and skillful grappler in these days.

He comments MMA fights...but

Why dont he fight in MMA ?

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It really isn't for everybody. Not every good fighter goes into MMA- he trains and spars enough to know that he can effectively apply his martial art, and he is happy with that as it is. This isn't the same as some sensei who never spars but says that they don't need to go into MMA because 'they are too deadly' or 'don't need to prove anything', that's someone who truly hasn't tested their techniques. However, most fighters don't go into the UFC (it is very hard to get in and the pay isn't that great, even for top fighters), and for them it is enough to know that they can fight in a realistic situation, but that they don't want to give over their life to be a pro MMA fighter. It is a huge commitment to train up to that level, and it overrides any other part of your life. While I can't speak directly for Bravo, I would assume that he likes teaching and running his own gym as opposed to giving all that up for the UFC or similar organization.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Hey...We all know this guy....He is one of the most creative and skillful grappler in these days.

He comments MMA fights...but

Why doesnt he fight in MMA ?

???? I mentioned that I thought it might be because he wanted to stick with running a gym and teaching. Although he is extremely talented in jiu-jitsu, even he would have to change his lifestyle in order to train up to the level required for a bout in the major leagues. Mind, he wouldn't need to train too much more on ground fighting...

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

???? I mentioned that I thought it might be because he wanted to stick with running a gym and teaching. Although he is extremely talented in jiu-jitsu, even he would have to change his lifestyle in order to train up to the level required for a bout in the major leagues. Mind, he wouldn't need to train too much more on ground fighting

sure . Maybe he just want to grapple.... I dont know where is his striking level...

People today ( including me) is prone to think MMA and grappling , always united. But they are not glued...

???? I mentioned that I thought it might be because he wanted to stick with running a gym and teaching. Although he is extremely talented in jiu-jitsu, even he would have to change his lifestyle in order to train up to the level required for a bout in the major leagues. Mind, he wouldn't need to train too much more on ground fighting

sure . Maybe he just want to grapple.... I dont know where is his striking level...

People today ( including me) is prone to think MMA and grappling , always united. But they are not glued...

Yeah maybe, but he definitely is an mma enthusiast. It'd be cool to get to train with him sometime. Does anyone know if he does striking at all?

~Theodore Roosevelt

remember MMA is different from BJJ...Being awesome in BJJ doesn't guarantee you'll be good at MMA. Dean Lister is sick at BJJ but he's struggling in the UFC.

Besides, maybe he only likes BJJ. I love stand up alot. That's what I started doing as a TKD MAist but when I started kung fu and learned throws and ground fighting, grappling quickly took over as my favourite aspect of fighting. I could grapple all day. Sparring with strikes tends to increase your susceptibility to injury. In grappling tapping is usually a very effective way of stopping a fight in progress. With striking you could call a time out when you feel a rib crack and your opponent is still excited and really clock you.

MMA isn't for everyone. especially in the amateur league with all these wild people. Eddie might break their necks out of frustration. Haven't you seen the dude he choked out in that Youtube vid?

By the way there is a BJJ practitioner Eddie rates alot. Marcelo Garcia...he is pretty talented himself.

Eddie has mentioned it in several interviews. He doesn't want to fight MMA. He developed his style to control the opponents posture so he doesn't take punishment with strikes in case he did MMA. However he doesn't like working wrestling and striking, conditioning, that it takes to do MMA. There really isn't much money in it starting out. He is more into doing his music and teaching his system of Jiu-Jitsu.

Unless he gets a rematch against Royler I don't really see him going to compete in Jiu-Jitsu any more either. He hasn't since 2003 Abu Dhabi.

However he has plenty of people go through his gym so he does get the oppurtunity to roll with some good guys, Aoki, Dean Lister, and many others.

He was invited awhile back to teach his system at ATT, with the likes of Liborio, Marcello Garcia, and many other good fighters there.