• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Bruce Lee wrote a book called the Tao of Gung Fu. You may want to look into it.

If you mean the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, then that is not strictly a Wing Chun book. Having said that, it will for sure have some Wing Chun concepts and so on.

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.

If you mean the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, then that is not strictly a Wing Chun book. Having said that, it will for sure have some Wing Chun concepts and so on.

No, I mean the Tao of Gung Fu. They are two different works.

Here is the link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=9780804831109

i've recently started wing chun and am looking for some reading material - any recommendations?

thanks.

I would recommend the book called "Wing Chun, the art of simultaneous defense & attack" by Master Joseph Cheng. Also, "Yuen Kay-San Wing Chun Kuen, History and Foundation", by Rene Rirchie.

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.

No, I mean the Tao of Gung Fu. They are two different works.

Here is the link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?

ean=9780804831109

Oh sorry. I didn't know that such a book existed. :( However, because Bruce Lee, as talented as he was, never completly learn the sytem of Wing Chun, I would still recommend books by actual Wing Chun teachers.

However, I am still tempted to have a look at this book, to what it is all about. :)

Well the books that have been metioned here are good resources. But just go to your local libary im sure you will find what you are looking for.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I am not a Wing Chun martial artist, but one of my friends, who practices Wing Chun, thinks highly of the Wing Chun Compendium

I own a copy of Mastering Kung Fu, which is a Wing Chun book. I like it a lot. It is a easy to read and follow, in my opinion. I think it is a good book for a beginner.