• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music Suggestions

Blade13

Well, Im getting some new turntables soon and my friends have talked me into working at their parties and throwing one of my own. Since I'm gonna be working at actual parties and stuff, Im gonna need some new records. What would be some good party music for me to pick up? Dont forget that most new music is released on vinyl for this specific purpose, so dont hold back with recent releases. I need ideas for dance music, a few slow songs, etc. Also, a few need to NOT have any dj's in the band. If there is already a dj on the record, then I couldnt do much to it. lol I only need a few of those types though. All suggestions are welcome. Im goin to Atlanta on Thursday, so I'll be picking these up then. After then, Ebay will be my source of vinyl.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Get the whole Bad Boy Entertainment collection. :smile: Lots of good party music in there...

Blade if Ice Ice Bady don't the get the party going your in touble LOL... You may have to find some MC Hammer to back it up LOL....

I teach 8th grade and went to several dances because teacher had to so oftern and I cut a rug. I have no clue what they played but I have found that the DJ makes the party more so than the music. Good luck.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Right,

I assume that when you say DJ you mean 'club' DJ not 'mobile' DJ. The difference :

-'Club' DJ is what you expect to find in clubs. They play 'modern' songs, usually dance/trance and mix vinyl.

-'Mobile' DJ is what you expect to find at school dicos and family parties. They play songs from the 60s 70s 80s 90s, but they are 'famous' songs, such as YMCA and Shoop Shoop Song. They usually mix CDs.

Anyway, I don't know how it is in the USA, but in the UK, Germany, and Ibiza if you play Hip-hop you will get laughed (or booed) off stage.

The sound of today is Trance and Hard House.

RE: LABELS

If you want good house songs (especially ones to start a set) buy Ministry Of Sound. They produce song such as Kernkroft 400 (Zombie Nation), Fire Wire (Cosmic Gate) and Storm Animal (Storm).

Tidy Trax produce great songs that are original . A must buy is "Reload" by The Grand. Its fantastic to get the party going.

Positiva produce good commercial trance songs, with lots of vocals.

Hope this helps, and if I'm on the wrong line, just say.

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Let's see..

Slow songs - "Careless Whisper" by Wham :bawling:

Prince (or whatever he calls himself now)always had good non-disco dance music.

And a sprinkle of Beastie Boys add some good flavor.

Can you tell what era I was going to high school dances in??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.