• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The style if you had the time...

What style would you like to try if you had the time? Style(s) if you prefer. Of course, please state what you are training now and why you would like to cross train in that art. :up:

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i study mantis kung-fu now

ide guess ba ji quan, or san-shou

possibly some MMA

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

Well ive done many style , im a master at 16 styles , but have done over 110 styles(bits and piceces) i would like to go ova seas and train with the real tradional people of the isloated towns, becuase i think they would have the strongest forms.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

I would like to train in Kyokushin, or a derivative thereof, and BJJ.

I do TKD now, along with some Combat Hapkido and a bit of DT. I think that Kyokushin and TKD would be very similar, and I would like the tougher aspect of the fighting. As for the BJJ, I would want it to learn the ground game. Judo would be great as well, to work on the throwing.

If you lived in Melbourne , and came to my school i could teach you BJJ. lol

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Might as well post in my own topic...

I currently train Judo (although am on temporary hiatus), and have been working on that. There are fortunately/unfortunately many styles that I have interest in:

Bajiquan: Although I have a strong interest in kung fu history, there aren't too many styles that I have an interest in. However, more and more I have developed an interest in this style with its shoulder checking and elbow strikes. Not a horse stance fan though...

BJJ: Time and school have kept me from being able to do anything other then learn how NOT to act when someone has you in full mount (hint: don't lift your arms up). However since my school load is a lot lighter and I'm looking for an art to train in with my girlfriend, I am hoping to maybe train this with judo as a complimentary art.

Hapkido: I've been getting more and more involved in Korean culture as of late, and while I've divorced taekwondo, I would have an interest in a full contact hapkido school (like one involved in pro hapkido).

Kyokushin Karate: One of the hardest karate styles out there, I love the training philosophy that they have.

Meifu Shinkage-ryū: This one is just for fun. Its a very rare style found only in japan that focuses solely on shiruken. Since I can't do contact sports at the moment and classes are on Saturday mornings, I might do it...if anything it will help my dart game. :D

Daito ryu akijujitsu: This is a classical jujutsu school that I wouldn't really train outside of japan (and I don't have time to do that and Judo plus maybe BJJ so I don't see training it anytime soon). The reason being that 'akijujitsu' is actually quite hard to find, despite a lot of schools that claim to teach it. A lot of instructors take a seminar or even just throw the name in and call themselves experts on it, however outside of daito ryu you aren't going to find the real deal. I would hope however, to find like minded students for resistance training for this one.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I currently train in Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito (we call it Kenpo) and have for over 30 years. The only other system that has ever interested me was Aikido, to enhance the Okinawan veersion of joint manipulation that we call tuitte.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.