• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin - any practitioners here?

lupus yonderboy

My 2 Cents

In Royamas group they allow punchs to the head but they wear gloves. I think its still in the testing stages Royama brought up a good point beacuse the current Kyokushin (IKO1) dont allow punchs to the face...anyways back to what Royamas said that on the street u cannot hesitate to punch to the face which is true.

I really hope IKO1 adpots this as well..In the old days of Kyokushin u had to protect the head and groin. thats why if u watch some kyokushin katas the movement in them is that they protect the groin. I hope this helps :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. I didn't now about those offshoots.

I think punching to the face makes kyokushin more useful in live situations.

However, they need to wear gloves to protect their hands. Broken hands = not trianing.

I have looked at a lot of videos on Kyokushin and I noticed they do this hand movement thing right after knocking the opponent down? whats that about?

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Throwdown,

I hope I can answer correctly, as I am an Ashihara Karate fighter not Kyokushin fighter. Although I do honourably acknowledge the Kyokushin roots of Ashihara karate.

The hand movement is a gesture of a finishing technique namely Gyaku Tzuki if I am guessing correctly as to which hand movement you mean.

Osu

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Throwdown,

I hope I can answer correctly, as I am an Ashihara Karate fighter not Kyokushin fighter. Although I do honourably acknowledge the Kyokushin roots of Ashihara karate.

The hand movement is a gesture of a finishing technique namely Gyaku Tzuki if I am guessing correctly as to which hand movement you mean.

Osu

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Found this on YouTube

You may have to open youtube then seach under Hanroquem

Sensei, Sempai, Kohai

I've viewed it but I am not to keen on children below the age on 14 taking part in a full contact Competions. I can understand they're all padded up. I am Ashihara based but I Only allow touch sparing for my kids and young adults. Once they're 18 then thats theirs to decide.

None the less I can see them becoming Excellent Champions in say 12-15 years time

Osu

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• 3 weeks later...