• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

can any one give me any sort of information on Jeet kune do? how can i apply the concepts to Kenpo Karate?

do you know any JKD dojos un So CaL?

dont give me the obvios like Bruce Lee created it

i know alot about it but only about like how its not a sytle, and more of Bruce's famous quotes

Wise men do not need to prove a point.

Men who need to prove a point aren't wise.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you want to apply your Karate training to JKD, then I suggest getting a copy of Tao of Jeet Kune Do, and also copies of the books Bruce Lee's Fighting Methods (4 volumes), and read and apply the concepts to your Karate. Get a training partner to go along with and to bounce ideas off of as well.

Also do a Google search of your area to see what JKD schools are around.

Well i have done JKD for 20 years , so i know what im taking about. The books that "bushido_man96"

wrote are very good examples of information for JKD and i recomend that you read them. After reading these books and you still are having problems then come back and i will give you some advice for you personally. But JKD is a type of martial arts where you have to put your personality into it , so me telling you what to do isn't doing that.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about Jeet Kune Do, and it seemed natural to ask it here rather than start a new thread. Suppose you are training in the "Core" elements of a Jeet Kune Do curriculum for a while and start branching out to explore the methodologies of other martial arts. How long do you train in another martial art before you decide that you have absorbed all that is useful from it? I expect that to study fifteen or more styles over the course of your martial arts years, then you can only afford to give a year or so, give or take a few months, to each other style you study. Some styles don't reveal their top secrets until you have been in that style for five or more years, and sometimes people who have done one style for twenty years say they are still learning new things about their chosen style. So even if you have someone who is willing to share the benefit of their knowledge freely, how can the Jeet Kune Do practitioner be sure he or she is getting the best look at all that is useful? I don't ask this to knock JKD, I'm just curious, as it seems like a practical obstacle to me without having had exposure to JKD experimental research methods. Thanks for your replies, guys.

First Grandmaster - Montgomery Style Karate; 12 year Practitioner - Bujinkan Style Ninjutsu; Isshinryu, Judo, Mang Chaun Kung Fu, Kempo

Ive done JKD for 21 years , and have 15 other styles that ive done for 5+ years. In the 5 year period you learn approx. 80% of the art. So in total fact you have gained what is usefull already , and if ii wasn't a useful style you wouldn't start it in the first place.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I see you're in Downey. Do take a Sunday out of your time and head to Los Angeles Chinatown to train in JKD. 10am to 12pm at Alpine Recreation Center : 817 Yale St. Los Angeles, CA 90012 .

Instruction at the moment is by Adam Zerkel, instructor under Mark Stewart.

you scythe with it!!!!!!