• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is BJJ defensive; does Wrestling seem offensive?

Treebranch,

How much time do you have between weigh ins and competition? If there is enough to recover, cutting 10lbs isn't all that hard if your willing to do it.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One or two days depending on when I go up.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Any suggestions? I've been training hard and dieting. I've noticed results, but I'm not weighing myself until this weekend. I don't like weighing myself too often. My weigh in is on the 18th. I want to loose as much as I can, but I don't want to do it in an unhealthy way.

Cut out sodium, junk food and fast food completely. I've not had to cut weight in so long I probably don't know how anymore. I'm sure some of the guys on here have it down to a science.

As Pitbull said, cut the junk. No soda, it's one of the worst empty calorie killers for cutting weight that I can think of. oatmeal for breakfast, in small poritions, has helped me a lot with weight. Though keeping strictly off the junk is killing me. Mother in-law cooks so dang well and sends cakes and good leftovers home so much it's killing me. A lot of the weight reduction is going to come off smaller portions with more activity. You know, just the basics.

You can do a one day fast before weigh ins won't kill you if you have a day, or even say, six or eight hours between the scales and your competition. Shoot, it's actually pretty good for the body if done correctly. The last few days, cut back to distilled water and if your relatively close to making a weight class, you can always sweat the last few pounds out. You don't have to go to sana suits, but a layer of sweats, head covered and do some rolling/running, and you can safely pull about 3-6lbs without getting hard core. You want something more serious to get the weight off? I can't tell you anything that a wrestler won't tell horror stories about.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

I have 3 days to weigh in and I'm still 5 lbs away. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to do cardio everyday for an hour and roll at night for an hour or more. I've cut my food way down and no sodas. If anyone knows any tricks let me know.

Yeah, I think I could probably loose 5lbs in water weight. I'll try it.

My weigh in is tomorrow and today I'm .8lbs away from making weight. Thanks for all the good advice people!