Most influential person?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I had a very wonderful sensei who influence me quiet a bit. He started training a bit later in life as a family event with his sons. And at one point the boys even outranked him.

As I learned and stayed involved every time I wondered if I was too old to do this I didn't have far to look for an answer. For me it was a very good thing to have a fellow age grouper involved in my training.

The American Nija moves was what first got me into Martial Arts.

Once I got into a class my sensei and other higher ranked students were all the influence I needed.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Ninja Turtles were what made me take up martial arts! :lol: I dont care what anyone says, I still like the show/movies. (I have strange taste. Im even a huge Vanilla Ice fan!) hehe

Anyway... nowadays my inspiration comes from myself. I know that I am capable of much more than I can do now, so I push myself to achieve it. If I'm ever tired and lack motivation I just watch a martial arts movie with a lot of fighting in it (ex. Fist Of Legend) and I get pumped and ready to work! Sometimes though, my motivation comes from an unstoppable deadline! (ex.- getting ready 4 a demo,tournament, etc.)

Blade the Turtle are pretty cool but I would keep the Vanilla Ice thing on the down low. LOL.

All kidding aside I liked Vanilla back in the day as well. LOL...... Ice ice baby to the extreme. LOL..... God thats sad....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

OMG!! I used to chew people up and spit them out for liking Vanilla Ice LOL (I was a metal head, but now I'm more open-minded lol).

Anyways, my MA influences: I definitely would say my TSD instructor (Mr. B). He not only helped me with technique and MA stuff, but he was like a big brother. He gave me advice many times for stuff. I haven't been in TKD long enough to have influences :razz: lol

Laurie F

I would have to say it was my first sensei who passed away. He convinced me to give it a try. He said youre not to old or out of shape and that I could do it. He made me believe....

now Im 50lbs lighter,faster,stronger and Ive done things I never thought I could do 10 yrs ago. I also found my current senseis who are the same kind of people as my old sensei and friend. I feel the same about them.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.