• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

´´ anti grappling ´´

There are many Martial Artists that are of the opinion that being on the ground is the last place that you want to be. It really isn't anything new, and being of that opinion doesn't mean that they don't know anything about ground fighting. Just that they don't prefer to do it.

I am not sure exactly what you mean about the video's move being a lie. Could you elaborate?

Actually, most of the people who say "the ground is the last place you want to be in a fight" have absolutely no skill when it comes to ground grappling.... hence them making that statement in the first place.

The reality is that taking the fight to the ground can be a good, bad, or indifferent decision/accident. Fight strategies are relative, and it depends on the circumstances of the fight whether or not taking the fight to the ground is a good idea.

Most of these people like to pose the most grave circumstances as reasons not to go to the ground. Those that talk about multiple attackers and how to defeat them by standing and such dont understand that they're going to end up on the ground during that altercation, despite their greating intentions not to go there.

I like to start with basics- prove to me you can beat up one person, or more easily prove to me you can simply stop one person from taking you down, let alone 2 or 3 people, and then I'll start listening to the advice that person has.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Actually, most of the people who say "the ground is the last place you want to be in a fight" have absolutely no skill when it comes to ground grappling.... hence them making that statement in the first place.

The reality is that taking the fight to the ground can be a good, bad, or indifferent decision/accident. Fight strategies are relative, and it depends on the circumstances of the fight whether or not taking the fight to the ground is a good idea.

Most of these people like to pose the most grave circumstances as reasons not to go to the ground. Those that talk about multiple attackers and how to defeat them by standing and such dont understand that they're going to end up on the ground during that altercation, despite their greating intentions not to go there.

I like to start with basics- prove to me you can beat up one person, or more easily prove to me you can simply stop one person from taking you down, let alone 2 or 3 people, and then I'll start listening to the advice that person has.

Very nice post!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 3 weeks later...
Someone gave me this link... this guy talks new things about grappling ´´real fights ´´ . he added used syringues to the lava in the floor.

http://www.wingtsun.com.au/site/Gallery/Articles/wingtsunantigrappling.html

The best anti grappling out there is grappling.

Matt Thornton says it well in his SBGi JKD2 dvd series:

If you want to keep the fighting standing as a striker - become a good grappler. If you want to end up stuck on the ground all the time, unable to get up - work only on your striking.

That's not a quote, but thats the jist of it...

anti-grappling is a very good approach to grapping , and this site explains that pritty well.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Someone gave me this link... this guy talks new things about grappling ´´real fights ´´ . he added used syringues to the lava in the floor.

http://www.wingtsun.com.au/site/Gallery/Articles/wingtsunantigrappling.html

The best anti grappling out there is grappling.

Matt Thornton says it well in his SBGi JKD2 dvd series:

If you want to keep the fighting standing as a striker - become a good grappler. If you want to end up stuck on the ground all the time, unable to get up - work only on your striking.

That's not a quote, but thats the jist of it...

I agree!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."