• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

´´ anti grappling ´´

Someone gave me this link... this guy talks new things about grappling ´´real fights ´´ . he added used syringues to the lava in the floor.

http://www.wingtsun.com.au/site/Gallery/Articles/wingtsunantigrappling.html

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are many Martial Artists that are of the opinion that being on the ground is the last place that you want to be. It really isn't anything new, and being of that opinion doesn't mean that they don't know anything about ground fighting. Just that they don't prefer to do it.

I am not sure exactly what you mean about the video's move being a lie. Could you elaborate?

I've said it before... there was a time when I wrote a 10 page paper on why BJJ is ineffective. Now I'm a BJJ purple belt who believes it is a great martial art. It's impossible to understand BJJ (and most martial arts for that matter) until you've experienced it.

As far as the technique being a lie. I believe that rainbow is pointing out that those defenses aren't likely to work. For one, the opponent isn't applying a good scarf hold. Two, the defender is using all arm strength to move the opponent's whole body...not gonna happen. Three, there is no hip movement on the part of the defender... which goes back to point two. Four, the scarf hold that the attacker is not considered by experienced grapplers to be a good position...a skilled grappler would have the underhook and not keep his head in a position to be pulled away.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I believe that rainbow is pointing out that those defenses aren't likely to work. For one, the opponent isn't applying a good scarf hold. Two, the defender is using all arm strength to move the opponent's whole body...not gonna happen. Three, there is no hip movement on the part of the defender... which goes back to point two. Four, the scarf hold that the attacker is not considered by experienced grapplers to be a good position...a skilled grappler would have the underhook and not keep his head in a position to be pulled away.

Ps1 elaborated it for me. 100 % agree.

And we dont see from the other side...the cam should be from other angle. For a good scarf hold , its very important to have control of the apponent ´s arm.

1)a)Have you ever seen this move in any NHB match ? I doubt it. I am not saying that what wasnt used before is useless , but I think , that says something.

b) The guy seems to do nothing when being pulled.

2) In the case this move could be affective to pull away the guy , coul those short hits knock him down ?

What happens in the case the guy is strong inaff to resist those hits , and sweeps the anti grappler ?

3) You can swich ( fast) form scarf hold to side control if you feel unsecure , or being pulled .

4) The start of the 1st move - using the leg -is similar to a common grappling technique , used to escape the hold and re gain control

I personally dont like scarf hold that much ... but you have and easy arm bar and shoulder lock there ( and basically that´s it )

Well as a little background, I had already earned a black belt in Aiki Jujitsu, Karate, and Chuan Fa. I was teaching Aiki Jujitsu when my reserve unit was deployed to Iraq. I was there for 15 months and while I was gone a previous student of my instructor returned to the school and started teaching BJJ in my absence.

When I returned home (april of 2004) my instructor told me i could take over classes again if I chose to do so. I decided to see how good the BJJ guys really were. Tony smoked me. Despite that, I still believed they would have a hard time getting me to the ground. In the same practice I faced a guy named John Fleet. I told him I wanted to start standing. He said, "ok, just tap like this (made a tapping motion) when you're done." Well, it turns out that John Fleet had been a collegiate wrestler at Iowa under Gable. I went down fast and hard and was submitted quickly. I decided NOT to take over teaching Aiki Jujitsu again.

At that moment I realized how easily a person could take me to the ground. That was the moment I realized I HAVE to know BJJ.

It's amazing how my skill on the ground has made me a better karateka as well. I am much more confident moving in on someone and going for the big hits because I'm not worried about what happens if I end up swept or thrown. I'm less hesitant and more exacting. My aiki jujitsu has become better because I have a more broad understanding of the application of the techniques and where they can be used.

That is cool, ps1. I think that many Martial Artists should have an experience like that. So many of us get lost in our comfort zones that we don't see everything else.

By the way, didn't Gable coach at Iowa State?

By the way, didn't Gable coach at Iowa State?

I don't know where he coached. To be honest, I didn't know there was an Iowa and an Iowa State. I'm sure you're correct. All those college names always confuse me...I can never get them straight :lol: Either way, John was coached by Gable and his wrestling is absolutely amazing.