• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

going to jump into this post as i have recently come across a traditional kodokan judo school.

I guess being able to throw someone onto any surface (preferably a hard one) is quite a self defense move, but is that pretty much the only major self defence focus in judo?

...never thought the world of grappling ma's cross my path

yep, no striking, all throws, 67 of them to be exact.. :D and of couse there is mat work... and some joint locks, but thats it my friend.. if your not into throws you prob wouldnt like it, but I fell in love with it! :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ahhh yes it is a strong nice style. good on you throwdown"

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• 2 weeks later...
That is a great price. But how good if the quality?

I would say the quality is very good. At least from my perspective.

well if it is a real traditional Kodokan school I am sure it is very good quality, for some reason Judo schools aren't as high as the striking schools that I have came across? ask him how many throws that he teaches in the school? if it is 40, than it is a Traditional school, if it is 67, then it is the Kodokan, if it is 99, then it will be the "sport" style of Judo... Good Luck mate :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard