• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There is a great Judo club not far from me. So after thinking about it long and hard, i really believed that I should make some time to go at least once or twice a week there and hopefully it would help my overall grappling game. My first and second classes, I really saw how my BJJ helped me in the ground work area. I feel i did pretty well even against some of the higher ranking Judokas there. My throwing, well, that's another story. I think the Judo training will definitely help my BJJ and vice-versa. Overall it was a lot of fun and there were great people there to work with and they only charge 25 bucks a month so even if I can't put in as much time there as I would like, it's worth it.

I still have to get used to some of the rules they have as they are somewhat different than BJJ. At this school, they are like 50% throwing, 50% mat time so there is a good mix of both and not just all throwing which i really like. :D

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...
You will like it a lot. it has saved me a few times in the past.. and actually 5 days ago at a mc. donalds by my house.
Did you have a throwdown over a Big Mac?

Just kidding... :)

It's wierd. as far as the Randori (stand up) they often take me apart. When we do free rolling (ne waza) it's often the other way around. :)

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

You will like it a lot. it has saved me a few times in the past.. and actually 5 days ago at a mc. donalds by my house.
Did you have a throwdown over a Big Mac?

Just kidding... :)

no.. the guy actually was just fired and wanted his paycheck and they wouldnt give it to him. and he turned around with no hesitation and to me to leave or get my head handed to me.. but I wanted my cinna-melt! I wasnt leaving without it.

I only go there for the Cinna-melts..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Hehe, I agree.

I don't like anyone messing with my food, either.

I do have a food-related story...at my old workplace, a guy who was known to be a jerk, tried to dig his fingers into one of my snack cakes. I grabbed his hand, and began to apply a wrist lock, and it was funny because my supervisor was sitting next to me, and he began to clear out. The guy pulled away, and he made some comments about me being a bit crazy. I told him that I don't go sticking my hands in his food, and I don't recommend him doing to mine.

Funny stuff; my supe and I laughed about it later.

• 2 weeks later...

going to jump into this post as i have recently come across a traditional kodokan judo school.

I guess being able to throw someone onto any surface (preferably a hard one) is quite a self defense move, but is that pretty much the only major self defence focus in judo?

...never thought the world of grappling ma's cross my path