• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tougher, Faster, Stronger

I personally prefer the method where you: 1) grip the incoming fingers as described 2) use a forearm strike, like a ridge hand, to the back of the wrist to pull the hand and wrinst to your chest 3) drop your elbows to your sides and grab your bicep with your free hand (wchich just did the strking) this creates a tight position that will isolate the finger 4) lever back and break, turning to force his incoming cross away from you. 5) follow up control or move on up the body, your choice.

In examining nos. 1, 2 and 3, Tallgeese, it looks like a combo of finger and wrist Chin Na. In 4, it looks like you're doing the break but not expecting that pain compliance has ended the struggle, that he might still strike with a cross punch to look out for, or that while you're going for the break, get out of the way of an incoming cross punch. 5 is that you have control, or continue your attack if you find control hasn't been established.

Would you say that's right?

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, pretty much right on. It's a variation I like. Anytime I can make a joint position tighter I will. Hence the locking down of the elbows.

The movement away from the cross in 4 is precautionary. I always assume that the bad guy will continue the fight. That cross is the most likely candidate for a counter. Hence using your body turn and the estabilished joint position to shift his balance and interfear with his ability to perform the strike. I'll also tuck the chin to the away shoulder to minimize impact. Again, I'm always ready to bail if the movement goes south.

Yes, control in 5 can bestabilshed via the pain of the break and the mechanics of the lock, usually to a prone out position, although this does take some shifting in grip obviously. Again, you can always move on if it dosen't work. For that matter, you can always move on if it does. Take the damage you cause his fingers, slide off and continue on up to another form of control. Always an option as well.