• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings from Shawano, Wisconsin

Shinzen

Hello from the Broken Bokken Dojo in Shawano, Wi. I am David Nelson and have been a studying the martial, meditative and healing arts since 1969. Yeah, I have gray hair now. I am also new to posting on forums and this is great! Martial Artists from all over the world communicating to each other is fantastic. The style of Karate I teach is Zen Goshindo Karate and I am also a student of Zen, having studied and received the precepts from Zen Master Nonin Chowaney of the Nebraska Zen Center. My Dharma name is Shinzen.

My greatest areas of interest are the healing arts as I make my income mostly as a Naturopath and Hypnotherapist. The Broken Bokken Dojo is a small dojo comprised of a bunch of sword fanatics and zen heads. We do not take ourselves too seriously but we do practice the arts with full focus and fun.

I hope that is enough of an intro...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-Shinzen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for the welcome. I am more than happy to answer any questions about zen or the healing arts. If I don't know the answer I have other artists, both healing and martial, that could help.

Again, thanks and looking forward to learning from the forum members as well.

• 2 weeks later...