• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hooray for me! Finally found a new place to train.

blackxpress

I moved to SW Ohio in November and since then have had a heck of a time finding a place to train. Not that there aren't plenty of dojos here but it was difficult to find one that was similar to where I came from. The system I trained in back in Georgia was Wado, plus the instructor was a cop who taught LE Self Defense (mostly Jujitsu based) and had added that to his curriculum. It was a great program and hard to duplicate. I've been going around to different dojos and taking free lessons looking for something similar and am thrilled to say that yesterday I found it here:

http://tamamartialarts.com/

When I first looked over the website I thought it was too good to be true. Master Taningco seemed like a Filipino version of Chuck Norris. I've always been suspicious of Martial Artists with overly impressive resumes. But, after training with him, I think he's the real deal. He's also a really nice guy. Anyway, I'm training in his Kenpo/Jujitsu system, which is very similar to what I'm used to. The Karate component is different from Wado but I have trained in Kenpo in the past so it isn't completely foreign either. I have to start as a white belt but that's O.K. with me.

Anyhow, I'm stoked. Can't wait to get back there and train some more.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looks like a really great place to train. And it's got a strong BJJ affiliation. Good luck! Let us know how the training goes.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Odd... not the school, but I have lived in SW Ohio my entire life and I've never heard of this school. In fact, the main dojo of my school is just across town from this, in Trotwood. I'm sure it's a fine school. Hope you enjoy!

"Be Water my friend."

"The spirit of defeating a man is the same for ten million men." Miyamoto Mushahi