• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stunt fight choreogrophy help

okay me and my friends hav recently started trying to film stunt films. aside from martial arts expirence none of us hav any experince doing them. there is no film class around here for them. and we cant enroll in film schol yet being the oldest we are is 16. anyone have any web links or help for us please. if u want sum evidence of are horrible work go to

https://www.youtube.com/pedro90

any help at all will do thanks.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What kind of quality are you looking for?

It looks like you're using a rather cheap camera.

That would be the first change. Second...it's difficult to capture sound outside. So...either shoot all the video silent. Then record and add the sound later and edit it into the video.

or

Try filming indoors first. The sound is usually better because of acoustics. Personally, if you want it to sound really good. I would do the first option.

Lighting! You need to have good lighting. You may have to bring in extra lights. Set them up to get rid of shadows and such and really highlight what you want the audience to look at.

Costume! The costumes need to be simple and contrasting. If some one is wearing a dark color...put the other person in a lighter color. This way the audience can tell the difference between the characters.

TIME!! For a really good 3 or 4 minute video...you may have to put in over an hour or two of shooting. Get different angles and such. Then another 2 or 3 hours of editing.

It's a tough thing to do. That's why it takes MONTHS to make a 90 minute movie.

My tips are very basic. You'll learn other things as you go along. Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Here's an example. It took me 45 minutes to make this video of me doing a magic trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0TDhfBqD8Y

And it's extremely basic. I just threw in some basic effects and added the music.

AND this is a video of JUST my hands. Imagine how many variables are added when you want to do the entire body.

okay me and my friends hav recently started trying to film stunt films. aside from martial arts expirence none of us hav any experince doing them. there is no film class around here for them. and we cant enroll in film schol yet being the oldest we are is 16. anyone have any web links or help for us please. if u want sum evidence of are horrible work go to

I suggest practicing ahead of time, using a better camera, editing better, basic stuff.

Get that, and then do it again, and again, and again, you and your friends will get better at it the more you do it.

A tactic my group and I use is to choreograph a whole part, practice, get it down perfect two or three times in a row, and then film that part from four different angles, four different times, and edit them together. It's almost like learning martial arts forms. Then, just continue from that until you have a whole fight sequence.

I suggest practicing ahead of time, using a better camera, editing better, basic stuff.

Get that, and then do it again, and again, and again, you and your friends will get better at it the more you do it.

A tactic my group and I use is to choreograph a whole part, practice, get it down perfect two or three times in a row, and then film that part from four different angles, four different times, and edit them together. It's almost like learning martial arts forms. Then, just continue from that until you have a whole fight sequence.

Absolutely excellent advice.

hey the BB of C do u have any youtube videos of your fights?

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/uuumdm

There are only five or six that are fight-choreography videos. None of them are very good. But like I said, you get better with practice. My crew and I haven't had much chance for practicing :D Please forgive the suckiness.