• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

it seems like u keep hearing people put down kung-fu. but yet no1 wants to look at wong kiew kit's aproach to it. he breaksdown how to sparr effectivly using kung-fu( the same way boxers and karate-ka do) and then shows u how it works. i believe if more people listened to his method we would hav less pronlems with kung-fu effectivness. i meen the guy has used long-sword to sparr katana, has taught how to fight against other styles. and his best but most un heard of (probley to help out UFC) waz when he was challenged by the gracia family and won, though the fight was never filmed. if u have never seen wong kiew kit's approach to sparring, then go to https://www.wongkk.com/discussions/sparring.html

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I could not get the website to come up. Two things:

1. Do the Gracies admit that this fellow defeated one of them in a challenge?

2. What is the significance of using a long-sword to spar against a katana?

You have to look at the world today to find that most of the population has went UFC mad. You get almost no respect as a martial artist in todays society if you don't train mma. I have a guy at work who wanted to train at the dojo were I am until he realized there's alot of traditional training before you jump on the mats to roll.

The average person person today probably thinks of the Karate Kid compaired to a UFC fighter if you just clain you train karate or kung fu.

This is my 2 cents

You have to look at the world today to find that most of the population has went UFC mad. You get almost no respect as a martial artist in todays society if you don't train mma. I have a guy at work who wanted to train at the dojo were I am until he realized there's alot of traditional training before you jump on the mats to roll.

The average person person today probably thinks of the Karate Kid compaired to a UFC fighter if you just clain you train karate or kung fu.

This is my 2 cents

Well said pitbullJudoka! Congratulations on being member of the month too!

The first person to call me mate gets a punch in the throat...

• 2 weeks later...