• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question regarding...

Yoshimitsu

I don't know about the instructor you mentioned, but I think I have two principles which can contribute. First of all, even though the Internet is a great medium for research, not everything in the world is on the Internet. I would not be surprised that a martial arts organization did not have a webpage presence or an article in Wikipedia. My own martial arts organization for Montgomery Style Karate has no web page, even though we have a very high number of students. Secondly, if the instructor you are curous about has created an organization of his own, it does not necessarilymean that he is a charlatan with no real skills. Many organizations are started by people who had abundant training in other styles before they synthesized everything as a Grandmaster of their own art. In older times, the title of Grandmaster was something that was bestowed by other masters and Grandmasters on an up and coming practitioner who was acknowledged for high mastery. In modern times, people sometimes declare themselves to be the creator of an orginal art after training for five to ten years and achieveing high rank in two or more styles. One man I knew studied part of Gojo ryu karate and upon becoming a blakc belt in Bujinkan Ninjutsu, he declared himself a Grandmaster of his own original art that combined all his training experience into one new style. In that case I was skeptical that he was really all that great, but generally, a black belt can generally teach some pretty good classes on his own, even if he is experimenting some. I have known of some 4th kyu teachers who did well just by doing the best they knew how. So if the instructor you are curious about has legitimate ranks, then his teachings probably derive from somewhere other than just his own mind. If his personality seems nice, I would consider training under him if I were you.

First Grandmaster - Montgomery Style Karate; 12 year Practitioner - Bujinkan Style Ninjutsu; Isshinryu, Judo, Mang Chaun Kung Fu, Kempo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt