• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

that's very interesting but, is the person who is given their belt first given it for a reason(like the instructor intentionally chooses so) or is it just randomly given, whoevers first is higher?

No, its just whoever was in line first, so it initially starts at white belt. If you are striped for a requirement before someone else, you stand higher than them in line at that rank level. Unless you miss time and/or they advance past you, you are ahead of that person in line. He places obi on the students at testing from highest to lowest rank.

ohh, that makes more sense.:)

It's just a way to keep things organized at the start of class. :lol:

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In our school it goes by when you came to the school, when you got the belt and sometimes the your age. This all factors in where you stand. And we also have junior belts they line up behind the adults belts. Ex. If you are a junior black belt you would line up behind and adult white belt.

In our school it goes by when you came to the school, when you got the belt and sometimes the your age. This all factors in where you stand. And we also have junior belts they line up behind the adults belts. Ex. If you are a junior black belt you would line up behind and adult white belt.

thats very interesting. we dont have 'junior' ranks, but i've seen it done many ways at many other schools. how does that go at your school? are their testing requirements different? how do you finally test out of being a junior? do they have different belts/uniforms/patches than you do? what ages are considered 'junior'? do you have junior bb ranks?

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

At one point I attended a club that had juniors and seniors. They all took the same class. The testing requirements was less for the junior ranks. (Like instead of learning combinations #1-5, you might have to do #1, 2, & 4) We lined up in an L. With the instructor at the front. The juniors lined up by rank facing the instructor. The seniors lined up by rank going forward from the highest ranked junior. I don't know that there were any solid ages. According to the paper at 14 I was a junior, but I was treated and tested as a senior.

When I went from that club to the main school of that in town (they were affiliated). The juniors and seniors when they were in the same class lined up in the same line as eachother, with the older ones being the highest of their rank (ie two brown belts, older one in front). Then the instructors assistants all lined up going forward from the highest ranking student. In an L shape.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein