• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help

threesixtyfive

As a shotokan practioner Green belt is in the middle of the ranks, it's ashame that you are getting bullied. parents put there kid's in karate to build their self esteem not to have torn down even more. I think.....you should talk to your instructor if you can, he may not be aware of the problem. I do not suggest quitting karate that does not teach you anything and the bullies win! I diffently look in to other schools, if talking to the instructor does not work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you discussed the matter with your mom and dad yet? I'd be interested to understand their perspective on the whole thing. I think, since you are concerned about the financial aspects of making a change, it is important that they be involved in your decision. As an adult who is fully aware that money does not grow on trees, I personally would not consider it a waste of time or money to get out of a destructive environment. The investment you (and your folks) have made in your training should be evident in the kind of person you have turned out to be. I commend you for recognizing that the situation that you are currently in is unacceptable. A lot of young people might just think "Oh well, this is how it is...it will be my turn to pick on someone else eventually". You should be commended for refusing to perpetuate this type of nonsene, and wanting to pursue the arts in an atmosphere of true respect and discipline.

Let us know how you are doing. Stay strong.

Why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL???

A lot of young people might just think "Oh well, this is how it is...it will be my turn to pick on someone else eventually". quote]

This may be the problem within the school. This type of thing may have been going on for quite sometime.

problem is, if i quit, i'll have wasted all that money i put into karate, and start all over again.

I have 2 points for you here:

1. There is no way it will be a waste. You won't lose the knowledge that you have gained, so it cannot be a waste.

2. You will not be starting over again. I'll repeat; you cannot be stripped of your knowledge (short of a brainwashing or a bout of amnesia :wink: ). Therefore, don't think of going to a different school as starting over. Think of it as gaining a new perspective.

• 1 month later...

I've seen this behavior in poorly ran dojos. Not acceptable... Get another dojo. There's a difference between going all out in training and being a bully. If you are training with higher belts in the class you are in, naturally the higher belts are going to be training harder and more forceful - this in not being a bully... However, if they are intentionally throwing you, hitting you, etc., that's a different story...

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

Is your sensei a racist as well? I think he or she would be the one to speak to about this. And I can't imagine the adults in the class not stepping in to put a stop to it either. This sounds like a truly destructive environment, and I think you should get out.

You haven't mentioned what your parents think about this situation, which makes me guess you haven't brought it up with them yet. Is there a reason you are uncomfortable talking to them? If money is the only issue, I think you sould talk to them anyway. You might find they are completely supportive and willing to take action on your behalf.

Why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL???