• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tang Soo Do Tournament Sparring Rules?

I was wondering what the Sparring Regulations for Tang Soo Do were. What are the illegal striking points, is grappling allowed, are you only allowed to use kicks, etc.?

Edited by Aces Red

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is just speculation, but from what I know of TSD, I think they are similar to TKD type sparring rules; kicks to the head and body, punches to the body, and maybe no punches to the head (not for sure, though). I also think that it is light to medium contact, calling breaks for points.

Just a guess, though. It may depend on the organization as well.

I was wondering what the Sparring Regulations for Tang Soo Do were. What are the illegal striking points, is grappling allowed, are you only allowed to use kicks, etc.?

there is no grappling. illegal striking points are below the belt, the back, the back of the head, and particularly hard strikes to the head are frowned upon. and you don't only have to use kicks you can use anything you want but typically open-handed strikes are not allowed. if you have anymore questions let me know, i was apart of a comittee that put rules together for a whole tournament.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."