• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dan Inosantos maybe drawing from 20-30 different arts , but jkd is based on WC,fencing and western boxing!!

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that JKD is based of some of the concepts of these arts, as opposed to the arts themselves?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Inosantos maybe drawing from 20-30 different arts , but jkd is based on WC,fencing and western boxing!!

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that JKD is based of some of the concepts of these arts, as opposed to the arts themselves?

you knit picking? :lol:

you say tomato i say tamatoe :D

but yes :P

Close the gap and destroy!

It's all good!

The reason that I say concepts, is mainly due to the Fencing analogy. In order to be fencing, you need a foil. JKD doesn't use one. And, I don't think that knowing Lee's philosophies on things he would state that JKD is based on this style, this style, and this style. He would simply say it is "his style" and "your style."

That's enough philosophy out of me for the day! :lol:

you are correct, and my philosophical take :D

These styles were taken from to make a base/foundation from which each individual is to build upon and make their own

wooooo my head hurts

Close the gap and destroy!

Yes that is coorect Bruce lee would say that the style is very flexabable , and that u should make it something of your own.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.